Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 03:17 AM
cop
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

Your Polaris looks pretty cool. How does it run?

Old 07-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Which one cop?? The red one is my horse.........the yellow one is my wifes racer. they both do great in their element.

Old 07-12-2003, 01:59 PM
cop
Pro Rider

The red one. I like the whole look of it. It just looks plain MEAN! Those are the best two scramblers I have seen. I never was a real scrambler fan til I saw yours. Good Job!

Old 07-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Do you think he wasnt running any head gasket? Thats still no enought to win though.

Old 07-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

It is fun to a certain extent, telling people that your machine is mostly stock and only admitting to what you can see has been done to it. I do it all the time with my stock appearing 93 Mustang. Sure it looks disgustingly stock, but it runs high tens!

Old 07-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

Its fun to dupe people into racing you, but then ya gotta come clean. You smoke another stock raptor by 10 bike lengths and tell people its stock your just proving that your a dishonest person.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

That's right Fitoo...............fun is fun, but I can't see how much fun it is to stand and look someone in the eye and when you and the OTHER guy BOTH know that you are lieing. That's just wrong.

If you don't want to disclose some special trick that you have come up with that's fine..............just say, "yeah, I've done some mods to it"..........and leave them wondering what you have done. But I don't just stand that and lie to someone's face and insult their intellegence.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

cueball89

Do you think he wasnt running any head gasket? Thats still no enought to win though.
The only reason that I mentioned the excessive gasket material is that Yamaha (from the factory) usually does a good job of cleaning up after themselves and not leaving globs of Yamabond all around the head. It is just an indication that it had been removed.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well, just to tie this thread up a little.............. the unknown Raptor rider in the video saw himself out here and e-mailed me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

He said that he felt "Famous"!!

He did still hold to his original story, here is his original quote: ( I don't think he will mind me posting this part of his message)

I'll say it again, just like last time.....I bought my bike brand new in late 02, put on a CT pipe w/16 discs, K&N with 170 and 175 jets, and no lid. Thats it man, honest. Don't know what else to tell ya! As for the oozing yamabond and head bolt marks, stock from the factory. I've never had the head off, or done any internal mods, not even valve adjustment yet. I will admit, even as a stocker this bike seemed to rip all over other stock rappys!
All I will say is that his name is Andy and seems like a decent guy. But that was the fastest stock Rapter I have ever ran against..........bar-none!

Nice bike Andy!!

Old 07-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptor03
It may have been Wshrdnskn and eagle collector on a DS,They might have been out there. Dave has a black and white 01 raptor..
Whats this about Sam? Where were me and my brother suppose to have been? I'm lost.

Greg. The guy is lieing. I've met up with Predator owners, Raptor owners and Banshee owners that come off with the same crap, Oh and 1 400ex owner. The only one that didn't come clean with at least some info about what they had done was the Predator owner. He was consistently 2 quads behind and still claimed he was stock. Whatever. And thats what I said to him after me and my brother rolled up and asked him what he had done. My brother stayed and jawed with him for a while. I have no time for it. I'm sorry but stock bikes are stock bikes and not one will run that much faster over another stock bike. It's only obvious when you run another bike and you barely beat them or they stomp you and your semi or built quad that they have done things to theirs. It's funny, so funny that I can't stand to listen to it when someone trys it with me. I usualy have some smart *** coment for them as I give them a little roost on my way back to the line.

Quick Reply: I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!