Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

I was doing a bunch of drag racing the past week at Silver Lake and was able to beat every other 4-stroke that raced me EXCEPT for one guy. THE REALLY BIG LIAR!!

I usually put 5 to 10 bikes on stock & piped Raptors, then this guy is wheelying in 3rd. gear and beats me by 2 to 3 bikes pretty much every time. It was really impressive. I raced him a few more times pulling right up next to him (there were around 10 others racing) and I asked him if he was running a 727 or NOS.

THen the REALLY BIG LIAR says "No, it's all stock except for a pipe and air filter"!!!!

I yelled out "NO WAY"!! Then we launched again and he beat me again. I probably had +50 lbs on him, but still........this bike was fast!

RR1 and I went over to talk to him and get the story. He held onto his tall tail of it being completely stock with no lid and a K&N filter and billet adaptor and a CT pipe. All of those things were true. BUT........the head bolts were marked and he had some excessive (new looking) Yamabond oozing out in places around his cilinder head!!

He never would fess up. he even had his girl friend lieing for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

It's no big deal, I was heading home the next day and would probably never see him again. If you have your bike running good, what's the big deal in being proud of it and sharing??

Old 07-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

I used to lie like that on my CT440 back in early 99. My bike was the fastest 4 stroke at Silver Lake until I moved out here in 2000. The Raptors had just come out and no one had figured out how to make the DS's run yet. I don't have to worry about being fastest anymore, alot has changed in the machinery department and I now play in a slightly larger sand box called Glamis.

Still nothing is equal to the old days at Silver Lake. Wait in line ALL night to be the first in on Saturday morning. Remeber the 3 mile lines? Haul your quad in the back of your truck while pulling your jet ski's on the trailer. Drive down INTO the water, drop the ski's, then the trailer. Set up your awning and your BBQ. Ride the dunes for a few, park the quads, ride the ski's, come in for lunch on the picnic tables which you moved 50ft out into the water on the sand bar. That was the best, even better than Thanksgiving at Glamis.

Old 07-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Yep. They still do it. Now we don't have to wait in line anymore. You get your parking voucher the night before and pull in the next day. It was really a great fun time. I think Greg V failed to mention a certain 2 stroke that almost passed him up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Na.......as long as I am your mechanic RhondaV, mine will always be just a little faster than yours. ha ha

Old 07-04-2003, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone want to apply for a mechanics job??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

From the stories I've heard, I don't think that I want to line up against Rhonda any time soon!!!

Old 07-04-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Stories are usually classified as fiction. So, I don't think anyone has anything to fear.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2003, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

The difference in racing the ski's vs. quads now and then is we used to race about 10-20 feet apart. Now no mechanized vehicles are allowed within 50ft of the water.

Still, sitting in your beach chair, catching some rays, out on a sand bar in 12-18 inches of water, drinking Absolut and lemonade, 50ft-100ft-200ft from shore..........you get the picture.

I get all nostalgic and forget that the place is only 3000 acres. That's about 1/3 the size of just the camping areas at Glamis.

I'll never forget one 4th of July vacation back in the 90's when I rode the following on the same day. Quad, ATC, mx bike, jet ski, 4x4 truck and last but not least, my buddies Thundercat snowmobile. Easily the fastest vehile there that day.

Old 07-04-2003, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe the so called stock Raptor owner is in the forums. Hey stock Raptor guy are you out there anywere. I'm calling you out. Slim

Old 07-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

OK.......great idea Slim. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It was a black and white 2002, I think it even had the tank stickers removed. Real basic looking except for the loud CT pipe.

It was on Tuesday around 4:00 p.m. (give or take an hour). We raced just off the beach.

I will post some video soon so you guys can see what I mean.

Quick Reply: I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!