Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rancher or kodiak for wife/second quad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rancher or kodiak for wife/second quad?

Well thats not old at all. So she could probrably handle whatever you get her. It does get old riding double, plus its not reccomended as the bike handles differently. Personally, if i had a wife, i would get her something light in case she had a spill or something; that way it wouldnt be mashing her down too long if she got pinned. But a kodiak is a good bike. does have alot of features. It weighs 551 pounds dry....Does your dealer let you ride before you buy? some people on these forums say yes- but i havent found a dealer yet here that would let me do that. Ive always rolled the dice based on reviews and others having the bike i bought; then again, i guess by them letting me ride their bikes then that was my test drive!
Yes business has just picked up with the new rancher, eh? get her to sit on them both. ususally honda beats yamaha in ergonomics.

Old 07-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Dealers around here will let you ride. Without even riding it, I'm sure the rancher AT is what I'm looking for,but I will definitely go check it out first. Fully auto and selectable 4wd mid-size, just what I've been waiting for Honda to do. Still the kokiak is feature packed, so Honda better have the price right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hondas and yamahas. BOth first rate machines. If you go with a Kodiak 450 you get differential lock i think. And high and low. And as stated the 400 Ranchers are coming out may be a great quad. I dont think you can go wrong with either. But if you look at a 350 rancher to a kodiak. I say go with the kodiak hands down. That 2wd-4wd button is great to have.