Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need help with my blaster? Its about wheelies!PLEAZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with my blaster? Its about wheelies!PLEAZ HELP

Hey u guys i have had my blaster like for 3 weeks and its great i love it now im starting to learn how to wheelie on it. Today i was doing wheelies on my blaster and then suddenly i hit this bump right before i popped the clutch and my blaster just shot up in the air it launged me back i had no time to press the rear break. luckily i had a helmet, i landed right on my ***. i think i hurt my tail bone oww! but im ok im all good ready to wheelie again tomorrow. any ways when it launged me it smacked the grab bar or wheelie bar what ever u call it. it smacked it hard and thats what prevented the quad from falling on top of me. After it smacked it the front wheels went back down and the quad went running straight for about 30 feet till it ran out of revs and it died so then i got right back up and got on it again. The only problem is that my grab bar is bent up wards about 2 inches. it doesnt look to bad but i was wondering if i do another wheelie and go to far back will the grab bar not work no more and will the quad fall on me? well any ways im thinking of replacing it since its so weak so i would like it if u can tell me some cheap grab bars i can get and where and what websites would be good to check out. What are the price ranges on them. Thanxs! PLEAS HELP

Old 07-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

You dont want to get the cheapest one you can find cause then the same thing might happen again. Check out www.rockymountainatv.com you should be able to find some to choose from there and they have good prices.

Old 07-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

before you try anymore wheelies i think you should bend it back unless you think neck braces are in style.

Old 07-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

also www.PRM-ATV.com has really nice grab bars for the blaster or any other sport atvs and are extremly strong and pretty cheap too.

Old 07-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Best advice I can give....Don't rely on the grab bar no matter what...Even if it's new there is no guarentee that it will stop you from going over.

Anyway, technically your bent grab bar should still stop you from going over because if it wouldn't, your quad would have ended up on top of you on your last wheelie that made it bend...but since it's bent a little already, then next time you hit it there is a good chance it will bend even more and then you'll go over.

You should be okay if you bend it back using an iron bar or something...sure it will bend back more easy than a new one, but it will last for a little while.

-Josh

Old 07-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

yea get a good wheelie bar, I prefer DG

Old 09-14-2003, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do wheeling on softer ground..lol..My friend was on mine and he decided to just stand completely on the grab bar and just hitting the gas in 3rd it goes over..lol..and it just makes good sod on my soft yard..lol..Id get a new one..Id go for PRM, DG, or AC they are all pretty good Grab Bars.