Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Scammed on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:14 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Scammed on ebay

I thought I was pretty smart with all my internet knowledge. Looked at the forum for quite some time. Found a deal on ebay for an 03 grizzly 660. Got scammed for $6000. Just letting all others to beware.......I had done my research and checked out all the avenues....( I thought ) appears that about 11 of us got scammed for about $60K+. Some of the guys are getting thier money back, but in my case the account has been closed, person will not answer the phone.......might just have to fly to cali and take care of this......so hope all others are careful and do not make this same mistake. Now I feel like I not only Bent over for the guy, but then pulled my own pants down and showed him where to stick it.

Thanks for listening to me rant. Love the forum, and will continue to listen and learn.
Forrest2906

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:18 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

Sorry to hear that. Where at in Cali is this loser? Maybe myself and a couple other forum members can help ya out a little bit if ya know what I mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

Im sorry to hear that, post the scum bags info so others can watch out for this guy. You can request his personal info via ebay, it will also send him your info to him as well so think about ramifacations before you do anything.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

and also post some specifics so no one else gets caught up in it.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Scammed on ebay

It was a case where the ebay account had been hacked and there was an identity theft.
I sent the money to another person who I think lives in San Francisco. Money was sent to a bank of america account
that was held by a Rachel M. Clee.
The account has been cleared out and closed.
All attempts to contact this person fail.
I did a anywho.com search and found an address and phone number in San Francisco for a Rachel m. Clee.
All i get is an answering machine that says nobody is available to answer your call.
But who knows, maybe her identity was stolen also.
for more info ebay auction # 2421952331 The seller id that hacked in was called mouthymom. They were using the email address of sales@barexgold.com it looks like the final destination of this money has gone overseas to somewhere in latvia. Thanks for all who help. stay cool and cover your 6!

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

that sucks, hopefully there is a way to get your cash back.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

Originally posted by: forrest2906
They were using the email address of sales@barexgold.com

Barexgold.com is registered to :

Joseph Young
1007 G*yland Dr.
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342 US

and his phone # is/was 859-338-6763 out of lexington.

Have you tried them, he owns the domain the sales@barexgold.com email address is from and should be able to answer what was going on with his domain or why someone was using the sales email adress since he had to give it out.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

Idenity theft is HUGE, some jacka$$ took my name,another guys ss# and another guys address here in az and made 1 michael h. Luckily I had docs from a credit card issuer saying someone was applying for credit in my name but none of the vitals matched and to call their credit fraud dept asap. I did but the guy got a instant approval credit card at walmart in phoenix on a sat and wasnt caught till mon when the credit company called to verify,long and short he charged $400 and I spent prob 30 hrs and sent aprox 10 certified letters and 6 months before it was cleared up. I now have a fraud alert on my credit file for 7 years, every time there is a attempt at credit it has to be verified via my home tele #.

check your credit report at www.myfico.com and dont forget to remove your ss# from your driver lic.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

i hear alot about identity theft, but I have never had a problem.. you know why??

I dont have good enough credit that anyone would want it!

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Scammed on ebay

Girlfriend was in a hospital for a little surgery....someone at the hospital stole her info. You're not even safe there! Yikes.

Quick Reply: Scammed on ebay