Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

4-stroke wars vs 2-stroke wars

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-stroke wars vs 2-stroke wars

EXACTLY!! I prefer the thump thump myself...... But I never bash two strokes either, some people do and that annoys the hell out of me...... I mean I hate it when the two stroke guys bash the four strokes....

Old 07-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

they used the speed witch suprises me but i will agree they do get there faster four strokes connect better i really preferre the hard hitting power band

Old 07-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

i love the sound of thumpers but i love hard hitting power bands of 2 stroke

Old 07-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Yup, theres nothing like a hard hitting power band in the morning.

Your guys dont think banshees are fast?!?!?!? They will beat anything in a dragrace (specially modded)

StockRappy: Do you really think that 4-strokes are faster in the woods? lmao Those hudge wide boats going faster than a good handleing 2 stroke throw the narrow ridged trials is just to funny.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Drag racing up the dunes the Shee has always been great competition for my DS.

A piped Shee (about $500) seems to have an advantage over a piped DS - my experience.)

A piped and ported shee (about $2000 into it) should be good competition to a DS 720 (105mm bore / stock stroke - Cost about $2000 with pipe.)

So, a year ago I wouldn't say this but, today I can. . . dollar for dollar they are much closer then they used to be.

Add to that, DS prices are falling in line more with Shee prices (check prices in November and I think you will agree with me.) DS burns less fuel and is much easier on the old bones. Burn alky and you will probably have approx. the same fuel consumption as the Shee and have the edge on power (using above mods.)

As for the Raptor. . . a little more expensive off the lot (especially here in CA) but, less expensive to mod (overall). I will have about $2k into my wife's - mild 686 with Yoshi and K&N - I'll have to let you know how it does against my buddy's Shee with about $2500 in mods. Again, less expensive on fuel (2-smokes go through the gas!)

Old 07-10-2003, 03:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol why cant everybody behave, get along, and be more like me? sigh...

4-STROKES SUCK!

whoops

Old 07-10-2003, 05:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

So Ridley, if the only super fast shees have monoblocks, what do you call stock cylinders pushing over 100 HP , no NOS??? I guess that is slow too?? OH and so you dont think ANY banshee could kill a stock Z in the woods? Now whos talkin stupid? So the rider makes 0 difference on trails? That what I thought. And if you think that parts market for the Banshee is EVER going to be as slim as it is for the Zilla, again someone is talking stupid. If thats NOT what your saying , then your only doing it once...And Finally all this from a guy who bought THE biggest gold plated turd out there, a Raptor.. yea, You know what your sayin LOL...

A piped and ported shee (about $2000 into it)
If you have $2,000 into a banshee, it better be alot more than a port and polish( like a stroker and or long rod setup), and in that case, you gonna get smoked. You can have $4,000 into a DS and your still gonna get smoked.

Flame on.

Old 07-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

only way a stock set of cyls is going to have 100 horses is if it has a 7mil or larger crank. But true on the rest of your comments.

Ridley, as far as the cheetah's in the woods. They do make a 400PV that would run circles around your beloved zilla. I have a zilla. Its a POS compared to our R's and will never touch them either on the track, trails, or dunes. You have a case of ***** envy, and in this case you are envying the sack between myself and RK's legs

Old 07-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider

Well guys… I went to a shop to buy an atv. I tested the raptor opened it up like a mug!!! I thought that was the one 4 me. Then the sales man said now try this one rolled out a Banshee…OOOOHHHHHHH!!!! SH*TTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-5-6 gear…. the adrenaline rush was unbelievable… big difference…two stroke is where it’s at!
Ohh yeah in the raptors defiance it looks nice…

Old 07-10-2003, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

To lazy to look back at the posts but I have to say my raptor geared down 12T front is the same speed as a Zilla stock.. Did a roll on top gear test on the pavement and it was about the same. But stock vs. stock zilla will always be the fastest.

Quick Reply: 4-stroke wars vs 2-stroke wars