Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My wife said

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife said

Valid points...... I just don't see the reason in making a guy feel guilty for choosing to enter into a hobby that HE[/b] enjoys. If his wife is referring to his quad as his b!tch, then to me it seems like he's spending too much time riding and she's tryng to tell him that. They should talk it over and agree on how much time is O.K. He should be able to get away, at least until his kids grow, by himself in order to be able to tackle the harder obstacles without having to worry about his little ones trying them too. To me marriage is 50/50, and if riding put a strain on my relationship with my wife and daughter, and we couldn't work it out, then unfortunately, the Warrior would hit the classifieds. Bottom line, talk to her, try to work it out, and maybe even try to get her interested in the sport. My wife is terrified of quads, but has shown some interest in trying it out.(maybe then I can get my YZF450 and give her the Warrior!) To some, this may not be "REALITY," but its worth a shot.

P.S. As much as I hated it, I've involved myself in some of my wifes activities, but, I gotta keep her happy, she makes more money than me!!!!JK!!!!

Old 07-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

If all else fails, MichaelAZ's got a good point!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Blackballed / michealAz you guys have the points ! I'd do the same Why start an arguement get her involved in the sport . take the kids out riding yeah a few sacrifices for having to bring the whole family along not as much riding time but think about all the Fun the Family has togther ! Ann every now and then do something she likes .

Old 07-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Default My wife said

I guess that puts me in the "oh so lucky" category.
I had a 400EX and my g/f had little interest in it.
Then she finally learned to ride it and loved it. Now the EX is hers and I have the Raptor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And my riding partner is her,so it works out very well.

As far as your wife goes,does she know how to ride or has she ever? If not,then she might surprise herself by liking it.
I find the mutual interest in our hobbies to be very liberating and healthy for our relationship.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Well guys the kids love it!!! My son is only 3 but my daughter is 7 and she rides her cousins 80… like I said its just my wife’s not into it…I went as far as telling her to pick any bike she wants…”They R to Damn Loud” we have tons of family outings…i.g. Movies, county fair. 30 min from Disneyland year round pass. We go once a mo. Opera…yeah I said it… museums the list goes on and on……so its not that I don’t spend any time doing the family thing. I think she just mad, cause this is the one thing the kids and me do with out her…[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I 've been married for over 15 years and I dont GIVE A DAMN what the wife says. That's half the problem.... you actually listened to her !!! Tell her that if you can ride her for 6 hours, do jump and roosts and everything else, you'll stay home.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Had a sand rail when I got married, and Mrs. Shady Rascal said "drive that thing all you want, but get me an ATV." Ya just gotta know how to pick 'em.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

(duckdiaz):
........I went as far as telling her to pick any bike she wants…(wife)”They R to Damn Loud”

Originally posted by: Diablo
.....To me marriage is 50/50, and if riding put a strain on my relationship with my wife and daughter, and we couldn't work it out, then unfortunately, the Warrior would hit the classifieds......
nuff said..............you picked her.................now how are you going to break it to the kids that Dad started a sport without clearing it with Mom? Worse yet, you get to be the 'bad guy' for getting the young'uns worked up over it! (why should "Mom" have to shoulder their blame/disappointment when she never wanted anything to do with quads in the first place!).

(duckdiaz):...."I think she just mad, cause this is the one thing the kids and me do with out her…"

If that's the way she feels..............right or wrong........that still has nothing to do with the fact that this sport is driving a huge wedge in your family's relationship.

You see these guys who claim................ "why 'I' wouldn't put up with that crap!"

Yeah, if you're a couple of DINKS; (Double Income,No Kids)........... kick her to the curb and move on.

Yet when CHILDREN are involved?

I'm sorry, but they don't need to witness the repercussions of Mom and Dad on different pages when it comes to family fun (and I could care less how much kids "love" to ride quads.......).

Best of luck to you in resolving this for the sake of your marriage..........which is all those kids really care about,anyways!.

Are you young, single guys paying attention here? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default My wife said

You can try one time to work it out, get two tickets for a weekendATV ranch or an ATV trip and take just her. Take her to florence Oregon where you can ride double and sit on the beach at sunset and let her decied if it is really fun or if she is not outdoors type at all. Ask her straight out if she could ride better and you teach her, would she want to go with you or should you sell the quad?

Riding double is the fastest way to hook a girl. And I don't know why they made it illegal in most areas, it is far far more dangerous to ride double on a motorcycle, where if the passenger leans suddenly your off the road or into traffic.

Florence is nice. If she still won't go for it then, then you are going to either have to make a deal with her or give up fourwheeling. you cant argue in front of the kids no matter what, or they are going to be just like you two when they grow up.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default My wife said

Marriage is a give and take affair, what does she get out of you going? If you take the kids with you, it gives her time to do her own thing away from the husband and kids, which I feel is what alot of women wish they had. She needs to find her own thing to do on those days, if she doesn't want to participate.

Or just give her time and an intrest could develope. It's been a year since I got mine, the rules were set down, ride twice a month, then it went to every other weekend, now she would like a quad to join me. I think the biggest complaint wives have is not keeping up with your responsibilites at home. repairs, yard, ect.

My hat off to you, at least you're getting the kids envolved and not just thinking about yourself.

Quick Reply: My wife said