Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My wife said

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife said

My wife had little interest in quads,camping,etc because she didnt like to rough it ,2 years ago after a 3 day weekend with 20-30 mph winds in a tent @ Glamis with sand in EVERYWHERE I came home and bought a Weekend Warrior toy hauler and a little 80 for the 7yr old and everything is much better now,I put a macdaady DSS system in it so if she wants to chill out and stay at camp she can, or she can ride. She has the amenities she wanted (shower,toilet,electricity,bed) and I have a happy wife who has cooked everything from green chili to prime rib to baked a turkey on thanksgiving day ! Thanksgiving dinner after a day of riding @ Galmis is a dinner like no other [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

yeah my fincea is a horse person and i have always been the atv person so as it goes horses are better then atvs. lol. at least thats what she thinks. but shes my baby and i love her. so just gota take it or....she takes me down.....lol

Old 07-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My wife said

With my wife it is always an issue. When i bought the Raptor, i got her a Big Bear and she seemed like she was excited about it. Now she changed her mine about riding and makes a big ordeal when i ride. Go Figure?

Old 07-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I hope that all the future husbands are reading this as well, theres alot I didn't think about before I got married, and figured out the hard way. Sometimes thats the only way though, trial and error. Hell, I'm learning just from reading some of these posts! I'll have to look into one of those weekend warrior deals, that might spark some interest in her! Do they come with hot tubs? That'll spark my interest even more!!!LOL!

Old 07-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I'm sure glad i dont have that problem . We both agree on everything togther 13years togther 9 married no fights . Should be a record or something .

Old 07-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Range Rover
Default My wife said

My wife is similar... We only have funds right now for one bike.. Mine.. It's been in the family .. since... 1985?? Way longer than she has.. So it won't go. I drag her out riding with me the first time, and she crashes and hurts herself. She gets upset, whimpers a little and I feel terrible. But she doesn't say "I don't ever want to ride again".. Instead she says "I'm not getting out of first gear next time". Needless to say, she hasn't been riding with me since, and doesn't like how much time I spend with the bike (It's an 85' - it needs a lot of TLC).

Breakthrough - We went to Roseville cycle, and she sat on a few different ATV's.. She liked the feel of the KFX400. Not too manly she says, but it has "plushness". I disregard this comment.. ATV's are not 'plush' in my book. They are ATV's.. Then she sees the LT80.. What is it with wives and 'cute' quads? She liked it so much that she wanted to buy it. Now my 9 year old son liked it too..

My solution - KFX400 for her, LT80 for him.. now I just need the $$$. figures. I'm sure my 250R will smoke the 400.. I hope.

Good luck to all of you with anti-ATV wives.. or in some cases, wives with anti-ATV husbands!

Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: DiabloDo they come with hot tubs? That'll spark my interest even more!!!LOL!
Did see a guy at glamis who hauled out a small tub ran a pipe under a big fire pit and made his own hot tub in Glamis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I m moulding my wife as we speak...she is almost ready...

Old 07-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife just learned to ride about 2 months ago and now she's always asking me, "when are we gonna go riding." My wife always knew that I loved riding and she would always take trips with me before we even got married, she just never rode until now....

Old 07-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

My girl loves to ride she had her own atv before we got together![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The old problem I have now is that she says I spend to much $ on the Raptor and not enough on her Quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] And for some reason she thinks its the most important thing in my life and it will never be enough motor,a-arms,shocks, and shiny stuff thats all you buy *%#@![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But somehow I manage to buy enough for her quad to let me keep going.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My wife said