Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2004 Grizzly, Are they fixed?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Grizzly, Are they fixed?????

Can anyone tell me that has an 04', has the vapor-lock/gas boiling/sputtering and almost quitting been fixed on these model's??? I don't want to hear from the ones that just don't believe it and have had no problem's at all, I want to hear from the one's that accept reality and know there is a problem...... 95% of the 02-03's here do it and I'm about to do some trading but will not get a Grizz if they still do it..... How about it are they fixed???????

Old 07-27-2003, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

the 04 grizzly's have all the signs that yamaha learned from us, and has improved it. first off, there is gobs more heat shielding put on the quad, around the tank, carb, and so on. second, they come stock with side panels that are pregrooved. they have larger axles than the 03 model( the 02 model axles are great) they offer an override with it also.
my grizzly has had its problems, but i have them all fixed and it is flawless( no help from yamaha) it was not too bad to do, needing open side panels, heat tape, and so on. seems they have finally done it all. i would say it is the most solid grizzly yet, and worth buying.
this is just my opinion though.

my pics

Old 07-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

One guy up here with a 04 Grizz 20kms on it boiled it's gas and was the owner ever pissed. So i guess they still haven't fixed the the problems. The best way to fix the problems are don't buy one in the first place. I bought a 02 grizz because i have a 99 grizz and the 99 has been great but the 02 was junk so i got rid of it asap and replaced it with a different brand. One more thing I had my side panels removed and the 02 still boiled it's gas and sputtered with no panels!

Old 07-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

who cares... get it, you will LOVE it!

02 - problem free since day 1

Old 07-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

crazzyjoe, Thank's man for the honest answer, that's all I wanted to know, 04 Prairie 700 here I come!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Yeah who cares until you stall on a hillclimb and mess yourself and the quad up. 600lbs doesnt feel good rolling over you, trust me i know from experience.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: STAKK
crazzyjoe, Thank's man for the honest answer, that's all I wanted to know, 04 Prairie 700 here I come!!!!!!!
so, one person tells you a friend's did it, and you go to a diff bike? The 04's just came out, check highlifter or atvnation, there are tons more Grizz riders there and none have mentioned this problem yet.

Originally posted by: JactUpVinson
Yeah who cares until you stall on a hillclimb and mess yourself and the quad up. 600lbs doesnt feel good rolling over you, trust me i know from experience.
Doesn't happen to everyone, has never happened to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

A lot of people on Highliter are having Grizzly fuel boiling problems. including my 2003!
I have had it for four months, and nothing seems to help it. Yamaha has been no help, and
the ignore that there is a problem. My neighbor bought a 2004. SAME PROBLEM!!!!
Seems to happen at slow speeds of 25 mph an under. The fuel tank sounds like a car would
with a radiator that is boiling over. Some say that it is an isolated problem, but EVERYONE I
have spoke to that has one when I have been out riding, has the same problem. Most are
parking them until the weather cools down. This is really getting old!

Old 07-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, It's not an isolated problem here either, more do it, than don't, I would say that for every 10 people you meet with one and ask them about it 8-9 will say their's has done it.........Yamaha has a BIG problem here, they better get fixed somehow, there's already been a few lawsuit's against them when these machine's shut down on some people and caused a wreck...... everyone around here is fixing their's by trading them in on Prairie's..........

Old 07-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

We just took our 04 grizz down the south canadian for about 70 miles across hot sand in 105 degree weather. Never overheated. Never boiled the fuel. Never sputtered even when we found a hole and dunked it near to the fenders. I have a buddy who rides an 02 and his didn't quite make it so well. I do believe there was a problem. I do believe it was fixed. And after riding a grizzly, I could NEVER go with the prairie. It feels like a Honda and isn't anywhere near as comfortable to ride as a Grizzly.

~HoundDog

Quick Reply: 2004 Grizzly, Are they fixed?????