Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Originally posted by: YamahaRiderOnly
My Raptor is faster then My Shee
Hey YamahaRiderOnly, I looked at your Photo page.... But there was no picture of a Banshee.... Just a raptor and what looks like some type of utility quad... So why no photo's of your Banshee?

Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

His banshee must not be tuned right then and there is no way he has toomey T-5's or better those are the only good pipes, the other brands aren't that much better than stock plus no one knows how to jet them right. Toomey jets it for you. If you have Toomey T-5's that come with the whole kit $699.00 with the Jets and filters the quad runs mint... it doens't even smoke on regular non synthetic oil 32:1. I have an old dirt wheels issue that has a drag race on a gravel road between the banshee and the raptor both stock and according to that mag they are just about equal. The raptor pulled ahead by a hair a couple of times and so did the banshee. However they did state that the banshee did not get traction. In a street race their would be no comparison a toomey banshee would hook up and smoke it. I watched a kid on a 2000 toomey T5 kit banshee smoke a brand new YFZ stock in a drag in a dirt field. He def. beat on that banshee to get the revs he needed and the yfz did get the holeshot and pulled away first but as soon as the banshee was on the pipe it looked like the yfz was hitting his brakes thats how fast the banshee pulled away!! The banshee and the raptor each have 34hp the banshee is lighter but obviously has no low end. A toomey T6 banshee has about 50hp... do the math. Get 50hp out of your raptor and youll probably smoke the banshee and it is possible its just a lot more labor than putting on pipes jets and filters for bolt on performance.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

if i remeber so i read that the raptor with a perfect launch will beat a shee but usualy they will take turns winning it all boils down to the launch and fastest i think the shee wins by 2 mph stock

Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

The stock Raptor tires are better than the stock Banshee tires... That helps quiet a bit in a drag race...

Old 08-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: LTrider4life
His banshee must not be tuned right then and there is no way he has toomey T-5's or better those are the only good pipes, the other brands aren't that much better than stock plus no one knows how to jet them right. Toomey jets it for you. If you have Toomey T-5's that come with the whole kit $699.00 with the Jets and filters the quad runs mint
I beg to differ. The cpi in frames are easily a better race pipe for the banshee. And the FMF pipes are extremely close to the toomey's for less money. I dont know why you think they cant be tuned, no one I know has ever had a problem. If you cant jet your own machine, then either pay to have it done or dont upgrade.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

In a Drag, Stock For Stock they are very equal between my two. On Pavement The Shee gets out of the hole alot Faster and gets a Early Lead. When the Raptor hits about 3rd it then catches the Shee and there very neck and neck until Top End and the Raptor has a little advantage. It will then pull away from the Shee. On Dirt The Raptor is just gone pretty much. It dont spin as much as the Shee does in the Dirt. Usually we Start the Shee in 2nd or 3rd to keep up but there both awesome quads and I like them both alot. Heres Some Pictures of my Shee, I forgot to put them in my Profile Sorry Enforcer. I also didnt have either of the 2 when I started this thread along time ago but now I know so its all good.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Waiting for approval of the pics but I will take a couple more pics this Weekend After I go riding up at SilverLake and then post all them.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

I own both a raptor and banshee, completely stock other than cosmetics and skid plates, and the banshee is definetely faster in a race.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey im only 14 and i work at 2 shops workin on atvs the only reason 1 banshee is faster than anouther banshee is b/c when the come out of the factory the degreeing is off 1 banshee will be 2 degries off w/ the next one 5 degries so just thought i would point out go degrie ur banshee for 20 bucks and take off

Old 08-06-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

lol u shoulda never said you were 14 lol i said i was 15 and i helped my friend build his shee and they cut me down lol you can view it under perfomance mods,and projsect quads under fastest quad i hate them a$$holes

Quick Reply: Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor