Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

i dont care how old i am if they cant figure out its the degreeing is wrong well then i guess a 14 year old is smarter anyways

Old 08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

LTrider4life, i must know, have you done ne personal tuning on a banshee or raptor? if u have, u will know that with a ct pipe, filter and jeting, you can get 48 hp out if a raptor. also, my buddy has pro-circut pipes.

Old 08-09-2004, 06:36 PM
zow
Range Rover

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
yeah every one knocks the banshee in these comparisons. maybe not in this particular thread, but in many others. It's an argument that never ends. i dont know why. hey, can your stock raptors run with a stock quadzilla? oh that's right- they cant. But the banshee has run right under it in top speed since its creation in 1987. nothing has really changed on the banshee in the last 16 years except colors, handle bars, control levers, the tailight/brake light, tires and upper a arms. so why all of a sudden do people "LMFAO" at the banshee? right now, disagree or not, I dont care - its the fastest quad out there. my stock banshee has tore @ss on many modded, hotshot quads. They laughed when it was at the starting line, but they werent laughing when they LOST badly...I have yet to see a stock raptor beat a stock banshee...at least mine....but i guess the rider makes the race...
true

Old 08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: moldycheese
LTrider4life, i must know, have you done ne personal tuning on a banshee or raptor? if u have, u will know that with a ct pipe, filter and jeting, you can get 48 hp out if a raptor. also, my buddy has pro-circut pipes.

HAHAHA 48, then I must have 65-70HP, with just my pipes i was faster then a piped rap.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

My boy got a stock Banshee and I got to say I don't know how you guys ride this thing stock, the motor is so unpredictable. Another buddy of mine got an 01 with toomeys and a cool head, and not only is it ungodly fast but it smooth as hell too, the powerband always hits at the same time. The stock one is litterally like an on off switch. They both admit it is deffenitly not a trail quad, its way better in wide open areas.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

there was on old dirt wheels that did a raptor pipe test. the ct unit had the stock airfilter with the airbox lid removed,re-jetted with the pipe. it made 48 hp on the dyno.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

No it dosen't. A piped shee almost always beats a piped raptor and a piped shee doesn't make that much at all. Also a shee gets more hp from pipes then a rap does and in stock trime has more so how do you figure. You'll get some throttle response thats it. Smoked too many to believe a lie like that. Sorry I dont have 50 now and I smoke every piped Raptor I have ever race bad.

Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

A BANSHEE IS FASTER I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WUT WAS SO GREAT ABOUT THE RAPTOR

Old 08-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a banshee with t-6 pipes, v force delta 2 reeds and dyno jet kit and k&n and EBC kevlar race clutch. I have eaten believe it or not, a brand new 10 day old cr250, piped reeded yz 250, yz 125 easy, z 400 with 440 kit, hot cams, and pipes the whole shabang, i smoked the buddy was so mad, haha anyway also a new white 450 on smoked it and last but not least a raptor. this raptor was tricked to the point of a arms and axle. totally done, over 6000 he put in the motor and stuff, no comparsin. to add to all of this, it was all on pavement, and also how much hp do you think i got. with the t-6's and reeds clutch dyno jet and k%n.

Old 08-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Trailblazer

ok we all know banshees have two cylinders b/c y? o yeah for more top end or(the snappy and fast part of ur quade. a 660 raptor has one cylinder b/c it has more grunt/power. we all know since a banshee has two cylinders and bacilly two of every thing it will have twice the top end of a raptor. know for bottom end i have now doubt a raptor has more. a banshee is made from the market with power bands and power vaules. from thoes who want to post crap like ......"a shee is faster in top end. LMFAO!"... u better study up on the stuff u post .b/c a power band is just a figuer of speech...... if u tear apart ur 2 stroke to find a band u better just shoot ur self in the face b/c all it is is a flap in the engine that opens at a certin rpm to shove more gas and air thorugh sort of like a turbo, and the power vaule controls that flap and when it opens. so if u want to sit there and tell me that a raptor has more top end then a banshee then sercilousy u dont deserve to own ne thing

Quick Reply: Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor