Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

great to be Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 01:33 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to be Canadian

440, I hear ya. We get a fair share of Californians here too. I can't blame them , I would have to move with the c.o.l. they have out there. It just makes me wonder, where will our kids kids go to ride?

Old 08-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Scotts88 try this one: Canadians are the ones who lead the way in high altitude super sophisticated MACH2 interceptors, such as the AVRO ARROW which the U.S. wanted so badly they did everything possible to stop us from producing them.
[/b]

when the US forced us to move to missile defense, to kill the avro arrow, most of the engineers move to the USA to NASA. the Iroquois engine was the basis for all of the space flight vehicles. and it was designed by canadians.

link to an unoficial site, quite interesting how advanced it was at the time....

(from the site)
The U.S. may have pressured Canada into canceliing the Avro Arrow project in 1959 because the high-tech jet was capable of intecepting and exposing the secret U.S. spy planes, a new book says. The Avro Arrow fighter jet was so technologically advanced that it threatened both U.S. aerospace industry and the Central Intelligence Agency's (C.I.A) covert U-2 spy missions, author Paul Campagna...

the USA gov't felt threatened by the fact we had something better than they did...so they tried to shut it down(damn PM at the time was almost a push over...)

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/avroarrow/frames.html

Old 08-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Something else a Canadian invented (and a Newfie at that!!).

The wee point-and-click devices commonly known as the "mouse" was invented by a Newfoundland Doctor.

But there's something that really really bugs the life outta me!! I get my topic reply notifications via hotmail, and if I go to immediately reply to the message it asks for my login info instead of just dredging up a cookie to log me in automatically!!! garrrrh!!! Hate that. LOL.

Oh, and don't forget the Canadarm for the space shuttle!!! Two guess who built that .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Can't forget Pam Anderson [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] and Austin Powers ;O

Old 08-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TyreSpinner
Can't forget Pam Anderson [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] and Austin Powers ;O
Pamela Anderson is Canadian??? I didn't know that. Sweeeet.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

well how bout we all just agree that we all love our countries and that we depend on each other, i love the us, money exchange sux but o well, lots of aftermarket stuff, most are nice, some as a$$holes like ppl wen you ask directions and send u 45mins outta your way wen your already late[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Pamela grew up in Montana. She may have been born in Canada, I'm not for sure. All your funny guys, and there have been alot of them, learned there trade at Second City in Chicago.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

good day all: i think you guys are all nuts ive read every reply in this post and i am canadian,through and through,i love the snow, the bugs and all that.we have some really screwed up laws and legislation up here but im sure the US does to.
i as a human being reserve the right to protect my family and property by any means deemed necessary,regardless of what my government says.
we(canada and the US) both have beutiful countries and thank god we dont live in irac,iran,northkorea,or china. where they have no real freedoms at all.

my 2 cent worth. Z

Old 08-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Buffalo N.Y. and all I have to say is thank GOD for the US of A and the 2 amendment also The Canadian Ballet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and the good Beer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Thank GOD for that ballet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

There's a word I thought I'd never hear on ATVConnection, Ballet. Wow, the wife will never believe this. She's convinced that everyone on this site is some crotch scratchin', crack showin', wrench turnin',beer drinkin', shotgun toting in the back of their jacked up pick-up, high school drop out.

My wife reminded me of something last night and therefore I need to take everything back I have said about Canada. I forgot that Cirque du Soleil is out of Canada [Is Quebec still part of Canada?] Seen them all. In honor of this new found harmony I would like to lead the group in song, everbody join in:

O Canada! Our home and native land!.................. [ yeah, I've been to ALOT of Hockey games]

Quick Reply: great to be Canadian