Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

Long live the Quad of High performance that actualy started the HIGH PERFORMANCE WARS:
CANNONDALE LOL

With out them you would still be riding your 400EX, RAPTOR.

We'll have to wait and see what it is and when it arrives. Supposed to be a CRF450 motor. I wouldn't buy that in a quad. Valves still have problems and who wants to replace a piston after every weekend ride.

In a nutshell, Who cares.

Smitty

Old 08-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey! That Honda DOES look like an arctic cat!

Now THAT makes sense! Honda had to do something NOW so they got a couple thousand arctic cats and put in their Honda motor!
Looks like a last minute job.
Well, I'll bet it has reverse so it should be great for everyone, racers who have to have reverse now iwill have a choice. I think I'll wait on putting my money down till I race one and ride one (I'm sure they willl want to ride a YFZ450 too, so that should be no problem.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

The picture looks like a modified arctic cat.
(puts wallet back into pocket)

Old 08-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

I like Hondas and Yamahas but if and when the new Honda comes out; I just say more competition-bring it on-we aint scared. Slim

Old 08-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

The crf450 valve problem was fixed in 03, as well as the airbox sealing issue. And no one has to replace the piston after a weekend ride. And, like the yamaha 450 quad, the honda will probably be tuned differently than the bike. If honda actually does build this thing, it will be compete with the yamaha. But this rumor has been around a lot longer than this thread. Lets see if the thing actually shows up on dealer showrooms. I hope if it is real this time that it doesn't look like the pictures. Kinda ugly if you ask me. But, I'm not too keen on the looks of the new yamaha either. I still like the looks of the raptor, even if it is a dog. Now if either one of these manufacturers would get a pair and put an inline-4 600 in a nice chasis, the open class quad market would never be the same.

If they were both available now, which one would everyone be buying, assuming that performance was pretty much the same? To you guys that are on the new yamaha's, has yamaha managed to finally build a smooth transmission? With the change in the engine on the new quad, how is the mid-range hit, does it feel just as nasty as the bike? I came so close to buying the yfz450 when I was shopping around, just because the mid-range hit just was frickin' awesome. I ended up getting the Honda because the transmission was smoother, and it pulled harder, longer. My two riding buddies and I always have fun with eachother because one is on the yzf450, I'm on the crf450, and the other guys on the ktm380 (personally, that 380 is better than either of our bikes). Everytime one of us crashes, we always tell the guy who went down that he should of bought a yamaha, or honda, or ktm.

So, if both quads where available right now, which one would be better? The one with the best rider sitting onboard....

Old 08-09-2003, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

BLUE RULEZ:

That was very forceful, lucid, and well designed response. Are YOU RUNNING for Governor of California? I think you should. I want a GOOD job or i'll tell the truth, hehe.

;p

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Raptor8...what's been going on? I would run, but Larry Flynt threatened to print some pictures sent in from my college days. And I couldn't stand to see him shot twice, so I dropped out. Which career pimp gets elected this time is anyone's guess. I'd put money on Arnold though. Something about having a governor that can pump a shotgun with one hand while riding a Harley that might make it interesting (And yes, I know Gray Davis can pump a shotgun with one hand too, but sawed-off doesn't count, and neither does doing it in a dark theatre on the bad side of town)...I was thinking about getting a fake mexican ID card for an inanimate object, maybe my bike, and then taking that into dmv to get a california license...basically, how much work would it take to get an motorcycle put on the ballot. If I register my motorcycle as a democrat, there's a damn good chance it could get elected governor. Man, it's almost 3am, I'm going to bed, this post is getting packed with more bs than Trinity's claimed horsepower numbers by the minute....

Old 08-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

LOL how old are you 12.....I hope honda comes out with that.BEcause they are falling behind alot right now.THey better soon do some changes to there 4wd'slike discs brakes and stuff.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

i saw a picture of the new honda 450, and it looks alot like the yamaha yfz 450.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Where????

Quick Reply: PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!