Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!

Yep, most likely if that's what you think, but no, not if it's still August. I guess, but you'd have to wish about it longer, so maybe not, it really depends. What about you?

Old 08-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Honduh cant make race quads YET alone race them!!! It maybe the same CC as the YFZ but I highly doubt it is as built as the YFZ. Honduhs 450 looks like **** it looks like somthin batman would ride. I'd cram it red boy!!!

Old 08-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

dude, where have you been for the last 15 yrs? Here is a quick history lesson -
the 'honduh' based 250R quads have totally dominated racing for over the last 15yrs. companies are JUST starting to catch on how to make quads that you can even compare to the R. we can argue that it started with cannondale, or gas gas, or with the YFZ450. it doesnt matter. after gary denton was a SUZUKI factory rider, just ask him what he rode after suzuki bailed on him - he bought a couple 250Rs and the rest was history. he won way more titles on the hondas then he did on the suzukis. and i like yamaha and i give them alot of credit, but where were they back then besides the baja 500, 1000 and open class events??? they didnt even think about competing in the 250cc class.

The fact is- it has taken companies a long time to build something that can even be considered a rival to the R. True, there was a slump in the market for years which had something to do with it, but Yamaha could have made something else WAY back then to compete. did they? no. why? maybe they couldnt or just didnt want to. or maybe they just wanted to ride it out and keep the same old stuff out for years and years... My hat is off to them for not backing down and keeping an entire line of sport bikes on the market .... but they didnt come out with a new bike, (the raptor) until AFTER honda released the 400ex. As a matter of fact, no company wanted to really touch the sport market until AFTER honda jumped back in after being out for TEN YEARS. Say what you want, but that's kinda like follow the leader, huh?

Like it or not, new sport bikes will always be compared to the R. I'm not one to take shots at anyone's rides or anything and i do this for comparison sake - but I dont think they compare new bikes to the warrior. a warrior is a nice bike for what it is worth, and we've had several of them in my family and I had one for years, but it doesnt even come close to a HONDA R in performance. stock vs stock or modded vs modded. no way. period. Currently, the R is the benchmark. It may be unseated by the YFZ and the new R but, and I restate, that the original R will be the one that bikes are compared to.

As far as I'm concerned with is out so far, and i agree- the YFZ is a bad azz!
The YFZ450 has been the closest thing to unseating the R's long dominance. Yamaha did do their homework on this bike; but we'll see how it does compared to the trx450r.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

well said!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Twentycharecters, you are right on the money, definately well said

Old 08-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

cannondale is impressive huh? that must be why they filed bankruptcy...gg

Old 08-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Well Warrior,Shee,Blaster are impressive machines but they are old and so is the R so guess what that makes em JUNK according to these people with there raptors,predator, ect. I dont care what u say one good quad doesnt make em all good.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

The YFZ450 has been the closest thing to unseating the R's long dominance
IMO, the 450 has unseated the R. Stock for stock the R doesnt even come close, the R's that people are comparing the 450's to are build quads and most of the stories i've heard makes it sound like the 450 can still beat build R's, so I would think there isnt going to be anything that could even compare to a build YFZ, except maybe a built trx.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

And as uve heard the yfz has beaten some modified R's also.

Old 08-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

it didnt beat my R and its only a 265! I got to ride the yfz today and its fast!!! but not fast enough!

Quick Reply: PREPARE TO SUCK DUST YAMAHEADS!!!!!