Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blasters have radiators?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blasters have radiators?

One of the guys at blastercentral was one of the first to put two and two together and find the original water cooled dirt-bike that has the same motor as the blaster. It was NOT sold in the united states, I believe Canada and a couple other countries.. my memory fails me as it was a couple years ago.... I belive it was a DT200 or something along those lines, the bottom end is exactly the same minus the waterpump (ever wonder what that cover is for??) BUT here's the kicker, the DT was a liquid cooled electronic powervalve! aka big balz for such a small motor. If you can possible manage to find one of these bikes I believe its 'almost' a direct bolt-on MINUS the radiator tha't have to be custom. And you need a battery for the powervalve. Another bonus is with the bike if you have the title and swap the motors you have good 'street legal' potential (depending on the aera) because of the on-off road title, and the wire harness is already wired for street lights all around, just get the lights or use the ones from the bike and mount 'em.

Check out macdizzy's site, he did the mod as well, look around and you'll find it. Not really worth it unless you find the bike DIRT cheap, better off selling the blaster and buying a shee or something along those lines, just for the fact that cost/labor will be pretty high and you might push the HP that a stock shee that's running bad pushes, not worth it.....