Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2-Stroke decision

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-Stroke decision

im 15 about 5'10 and weigh about 160. IM gonna be riding with my friends stock banshee, he is 31 . I just wanna nice quad to ride with him a 250r and 400ex. They are all stock with just a exhaust system (fmf, and toomey for banshee). They are all heavier than me. I was considering a 250r but dont wanna spend much cause i dont have a job. i am looking to spend around $2000. Help me out no sacrasim and yes i am experienced and am addicted to speed so no 4 stroke bs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I am gonna go ahead and welcome you to the forums.... But, I am also going to warn you: If you truly want good advise and help from the people who take time out of their day to reply to your posts, don't throw around bashes and biases toward other's rides.

You say you are experienced but you have already shown some juvenility (childishness) in making reference to 4strokes being slow. There are many people in here who have four strokes which you couldn't even fathom the speed of. You are running with a banshee, 250r, and 400ex which are all relatively stock. None of these bikes will even think of keeping up with even a moderately modified raptor, ds650, yfz450 and many others. So, I caution you to take heed of these words and be more selective of your dialect. Doing so will prove to make for a more pleasant learning experience for you within these forums.

As far as what bike for you to pick, with your limited budget, you will probably have to look for an older banshee, very lightly modified 250r, or something along the line of an older 400ex.

Oh, and welcome... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

~HoundDog

Old 08-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

no beef and yes im 15.... as said so i still got some kid in me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] last couple of years going by quick so im trying to keep some youth. Not like im gonna be old anytime soon but hey its all fun man. and about the 4 stroke comment that wasnt saying they are slow but im gonna stick with 2-stroke. i want power and stealth. top speed isnt exactly what my aim is at. cause overall 4-strokes have a better top end.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

any of those bikes you choose you have a rude awakening ahead,My 4-stroke will hand it to you over and over again,Ill change your mind real quick about 4-strokes....

I see where you are getting your comparisons from,you ride with a honda 400ex...lol...there not all like that..

Old 08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MonkeysAtv
i want power and stealth. top speed isnt exactly what my aim is at. cause overall 4-strokes have a better top end.
Stealth? What is that supposed to be. Unless your flying jets I have never heard of stealth referring to atvs. And that comment about better topend on a four-stroke... better do some homework bud. Don't get excited. Your just a little off in your reasoning.

~HoundDog

Old 08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

get whatever "relatively stock" 2 smoke you want and come find me.......and, "My 4-stroke will hand it to you over and over again."
well put Raptor03!

Old 08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well correct me. Cause right now i have no idea what are you talking about?

And i didnt say raptors are slow even though i hear craptor a million times a day. I dont have anything against 4-strokes.
Please pay attention before you post a reply.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well i think when he says stealth. Being quite. And that is a pretty big factor for some people. Banshees run from anywhere of 1750 (like the oldest) to the brand new price to the tricked out drag bikes. You can buy a pretty nice banshee for around 3400 (96-99) but i wouldn't get your hopes up a good 2000$ there pretty rare. 250Rs are good bikes and you can probabley beat him in the trails. But for you price your looking at a really tricked out blaster. A medicore 250R and 400ex. or a old stock banshee. Or better if you look hard enough.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Allow me... I will try to keep this simple.

You have walked into a forum consisting of ATV enthusiasts who ride an entourage of quads ranging from the smallest to largest, two stroke and four stroke. Many here ride quads considered "middle of the road", however, many still ride machines which they have involved great amounts of money, time, effort, and pride in. A good number of these quads are four strokes. And with a comment such as "I am addicted to speed so no 4 stroke bs", you have to expect to have rubbed some the wrong way and as an after effect you can expect a batterage of backlash.

Now, Your best bet is to neutrally ask the gentlemen (and women) of this forum if they could recommend a quad within your price range and riding ability/need.

~HoundDog

Old 08-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dude that was just a lil humor and tease. this is a adult forum and everyone is welcome and i hope to stay welcomed here. I didnt mean to come off at the wrong angle on that one so keep it fresh guys chill out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

But i really wanna spank some of these 4-wheelers. The 400ex shouldnt be a problem but the banshee is kinda fast , the 250r has Nitrous but not tuned right so hopefully i can catch him before nitrous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2-Stroke decision