Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRD or Sparks for the rappy?

anyone?

Old 08-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I cant compare the 2 to each other, but I can offer my results from the Sparks pipe.

I love the look of the Ceramic X-6.. I had a little difficulty mounting the full system on my Raptor due
to the tightness of fit where the header pipe meets the silencer section. It was so tight that I had to sand
and grind the seam inside the larger pipe to even begin to get it to go on. Finally with a few friends twisting and
pushing and swearing, we got it close enough to the hanger mounts that we could loosen the header up on the head
and get it all bolted on. Annnyways ....

The machine was totally stock and I installed the ProDesign ProFlow
billet adapter with a K&N and outerwear, cut the snorkle as suggested by the DynoJet kit, and left the lid on.
Did the suggested jetting and took her for a rip. My younger brother runs a Piped Banshee, set up for drags
with a Lectron single carb setup. Runs pretty dang good. Prior to my piped setup on the Raptor... a 300 ft drag
between us left me a few lengths behind, with me passing him shortly after in longer drags. Right after jetting
mine up, we had to go test and we did the same drag at the same spot the same way. Right off the start
( starting in 2nd), I can blow him outta the hole by a couple lengths and stay there and win at 300 ft by several
lengths, then it gets worse on the top as I pull further ahead there as well. Im happy with that. I have no idea,
nor care to know the exact gains of hp or his etc. I just know that the difference in performance on my Raptor is
astonishing with the X-6 pipe and Modded air flow. I didnt tweak jetting yet either, Im running on very first try from
DynoJet specs. ( which is why I left the Lid on ... for now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hope this reply wasnt totally meaningless, just figured Id give ya my results, since I just did this 3 days ago.

Good luck and Im sure whatever you decide will make a nice difference.

2001 B&W Raptor 660R
Sparks X-6 Full Ceramic
Pro Design Pro Flow , K&N
The rest just makes it low and wide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard all kinds of good things about the Sparks as well as the lrd.....I just don't know if there would be enough difference in power ect..... to buy the sparks?
I have an lrd that I have a chance at.....it has about 3 hours on it........and I dont know if it would be worth spending the extra 100-150 to get a new sparks?

Old 08-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I went through 5 before I found the Sparks and I'd say get the LRD and if you not happy with it sell it and get the Sparks!!!!! Me personaly I feel the X-6 is worth the extra money

Pat

Old 08-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

Ah ok , I see. Maybe someone with experience in both will post something. Your right ,
the difference in power gains may not be all that different for the money. The X-6 is pretty
loud, but it has a nice crisp fast bark, and I like it. Most others are probably just as loud.

Keep us posted, we all like hearing results of products. If anyone has an LRD exhaust, give
us all a review with some comparisons to other pipes youve seen used or were up against.

Good luck BigScary

(Going to make a real signature, this takes too much thinking doing it manually lol )

Trending Topics

Old 08-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

ttt

Old 08-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,
I have a sparks pipe and it gave me awesome power. But i also have all the people living around me hating me. But i love the sound and the power. I highly suggest going with the Sparks Pipe.

Old 08-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Big Scary- you want power and loud?? There is only ONE CHOICE- Mbrp drag pipe!!!

Quick Reply: LRD or Sparks for the rappy?