Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I'm thinking of getting some add-on's to my quad need some ADVICE! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm thinking of getting some add-on's to my quad need some ADVICE! Please help

i got an alba. www.albaaction.com looks good. sounds good. is loud. i like mine 293 bucks delivered to my door in iowa

Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default I'm thinking of getting some add-on's to my quad need some ADVICE! Please help

ya 2000 i saw that alba and i'm like well i should look into alba

Old 08-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

get a MBRP i got one and u never have to repack it unlike the alba which i think u have to repack every 20 hours so u save time and money in the long run [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

u can get that by going to the MBRP section in this forum (one the second page i think is the thread about the warrior pipe) and get the number for Bob Craycraft(aka MBRP)

nice guy he will get u set up with exhaust, filter, and jets

oh yah cant beat the MBRP sound its awsome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

how much this gonna set me back??? i still gotta pay about 200 for repairs...(rolled my quad)

Old 08-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

well i got all my stuff header pipe, slip-on, k&n filter, and dyno jets for 501.02 to my door but i also got the full system

u dont need the header pipe unless u plan on doing engine mods later (which i do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) cause the stock head pipe is really good

so im guessing 350-400 without the head pipe to your door but go talk to MBRP he knows and can tell u alot more than i can

Old 08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Warrior mods... IMO (this is what i've done to mine)

1.handle-bars (the stockers promote sitting down)
2.tires (stockers are to rolly polly...i use 22" ITP XTC's)
3.air-filter (K&N or Pro design...anything is better than stock)
3.Rims (Raptor offset...this will widen up the warriors stance and is alot cheaper than buying a new axle)
4.Durablu Wheel spacers (up front: to even out the new width of the offset rims...again cheaper than new a-arms)
5.front Bumper (WB makes a nice bumper with a grill attached. this keeps dirt and mud being kicked up from your buddies from caking on the air-cooled fins and burning it up. plus it just looks trick.

with the above mods you will go faster... because it will handle alot better. now when your ready to spend some real money...move on to step two (below)

1.motoforce airbox lid (its clear so you can check the condition of your filter just by lifting up your seat and it's vented to breath better for gains)
2.white Brothers E-series muffler ( the stock header pipe is fine...no gains to be made there)
3.Jet kit
4.Works shocks ( up front...the stockers are the worst and after 6 months of use you will notice them fading out quick after an hours worth of riding. works are the most affordable shocks available)
5.steering stabilizer ( will allow you to ride longer without getting fatigued as quickly)

other tips:
A. eliminate the stock cluth perch and e-brake. replace with YZ426 clutch perch. you will eliminate the e-brake cable and 2 wire harnesses.

for example: you mentioned you rolled your quad. well when i rolled mine i broke one of the harnesses and could'nt start my quad. that one stupid wire left me stranded. all you need is the clutch cable...everything else is junk.

B.you could pick up...a 01 Raptor rear shock on e-bay or this site cheap and gain more travel as well as get a superior shock.

C.instead of rejetting. i added a dial-a-jet. i ride diffrent altitudes and seasons hear in NH. and this allows me to just turn the dial a click or two and i've got the perfect jetting. you have to rejet once.

i've done all of the above...and have pics of everything i just mentioned. PM me your email address and i will forward if your interested. I ride my warrior in some of the toughest trails...4x4 only type of the stuff. and i also jump the warrior so don't let anyone tell you spacers or offset rims can't handle it. I'm 200lbs and it they hold up rather nicely. i've specificaly modded my warrior with cost in mind. The Raptor gets the big budget. I've got to get more for less when it comes to the warrior...but not at the cost of durability or performance.