Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

OK, I am looking for advice from experts on exhausts for Raptors.

You can see from my sig below that I have an 01 with the CT exhaust kit. I am very happy with it. We have exchanged posts over the past couple of years. I haven't changed my mind over how well my kit performs. I have raced Pro-Circuit, Big Gun, GYTR and still beat them, consistently. We all ride together. Just my personal experience.

My best friend just bought an 03, bone stock. He wants to put an exhaust on it.

The reason I put your names in the title is that you guys have had extensive experience personally owning, riding, and dynoing different exhausts. It's one thing to have only bought one setup and no context about another. But you guys have probably bought and tried at least 3 different setups. And almost all of them, I haven't run up against before.

I am after your advice, as guys who have tried and compared multiple systems personally.

His quad is bone stock. I don't expect him to change any motor internals (cam, piston, porting, etc). He will take off the lid, and put a Pro Design Flange and foam filter on it, and jet it properly. He rides woods, gravel pits, and loves to drag race.

I have done searches in the threads and see that:

Zombie66or: Had DMC, tried CT, found the DMC to produce more torque (exactly the comparison I am after)
14mins: Loves the MBRP (I haven't seen any dynos on the MBRP, and it looks like you have tried others)
Airraptor: Yosh (I lalso ike it alot. I think it is a great quality exhaust)
Velocity: Big Gun, Bill's Pipe, tried CT, found Bills produced more torque (Again the comparison I am after)
Raptor720: Bit of a Trinity fan, but tested a ton of exhausts. Likes stock headers with GYTR tip

So in the three years of screwin' around with Raptors, you guys have a ton of personal experience in which exhaust is tops.

Please weigh in with your recommendation, likes dislikes. I have read good things about the Sparks pipe as well, but didn't catch whether you have had any experience with it at all.... Right now I am leaning towards the yosh full kit, as I am impressed with the quality, and think that with the right airbox, filter, and jetting, it will be a pretty good setup......

For all other members, not trying to be a snob, but I am really only interested in those folks that have experience with more than one brand of exhaust on their Raptor. Also, you need to know how to adjust the airbox and jet properly to get the most out of the exhaust.

Thanks for your time,

RM

Old 08-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

you forgot pats raptor, he has tried alot of exhausts and found the sparks to be his favorite.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

The yoshimura...

Old 08-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

I am hearing alot about the sparks

However, Not ever opening up the motor for cam or piston = Slip on

Old 08-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Forget the Big Gun, I had one it's a waste of money at least as a slip on. The quiet core makes less power than stock the race core will keep up with a stock machine but is extremely loud. I bought the X6 from Sparks...full system only here and it's 1 billion times better!

Old 08-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sparks hand down!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

im going to be getting a silenced yoshi, i havnt heard one complaint about em, but still to this day i dont know what jet kit would go best wit it

Old 08-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I'm VERY interested in this too. Has anyone else done a Dyno Shootout Besides the "Controversial" Dirt Wheels Shootout that many say was fixed because they did it at The CT Shop??

I read every post about exhausts and, it seems everyone likes a different one best... I'm starting to think there is no difference in them and, might as well just find the best buy,,, which one would that be?? I figure if all the pipes are that close that it comes down to preference I might as well save on the pipe (not sure how tubes of metal can get so expensive anyway) and, spend the $ else where. Maybe you can change my mind?? Thanks a lot!!!

Old 08-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Theres a huge difference in pipes and where the power comes in at! I don't have dyno numbers just seat of the pants and a very steep hill I try all my pipes and mods on and out of 6 full pipes systems the Sparks was the all around best, There was pipes with maybe a tad more top end or more bottom but nothing better all around!

Pat

Old 08-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in even tho my name on the list (since none of the ones on the list has spoken yet) and since I have had 3 different pipes on my Raptor, and another vote goes to Sparks hands down. Now I haven't tried 6 different systems, AND WON'T. The Sparks is my LAST pipe. If something happens to it, I will purchase another! Okay, I'm done. LOL

Quick Reply: Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie