Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie

I still can't figure out what to do... I want to just get the pipe, proflow/K&N setup, Outwears box cover and, jet it this year. The pipe has been the Blottle neck (i can't decide on) holding me up. I don't plan on tearing the motor apart and, doing serious mods for a while. I'd like to get the best from the above for now.

It still seems everyone likes something different. Anyone have expirience w/ loudness? I ride at the Dunes in Mi. sometimes and, the pipes must have spark arrestors and, be under 99bd. Although the DB thing is not strictly enforced.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: velocityraptor
CT w/supertrap 9-discs (was talked into it lol) = (mild internal mods) Fit & finish was great - Seemed to work alot better on a built motor than on a stocker.
Hey Jay (or Rob or Mark),

So if I am running a JE 11:1, Stage 1 Hotcam, K&N Pro-Flow kit, CT pipe, and Edelbrock Carb I should run around 9-discs instead of the full 13 (I think it is 13) discs???

Thanks!!!

Tom

Old 08-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, I would reccomend 9-discs with the setup you have.

Old 08-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I'll go with that disc set-up then... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Any last opinions on what pipe? I have to buy soon, ($ burning hole in pocket) and, hate to be sorry on worng choice...

I may get the MBRP since it looks the nicest and, there is no one saying they hate it.

Or, Just send my head pipes to get Ceramic chromed (not sure where to get this done though or, how long it takes) and, just get a nice shiny matching slip on.

Old 08-27-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like the best deal is to buy a nice slip on of choice (can't go wrong seems like) and maybe ceramic coat the headers (as long as it's around 60-80 bux).

Old 08-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
Any last opinions on what pipe? I have to buy soon, ($ burning hole in pocket) and, hate to be sorry on worng choice...

I may get the MBRP since it looks the nicest and, there is no one saying they hate it.

Or, Just send my head pipes to get Ceramic chromed (not sure where to get this done though or, how long it takes) and, just get a nice shiny matching slip on.
I don't think MBRP is worth a SHIZ unless it is the drag pipe........reason being......I called Mbrp three times trying to get them to convince me to buy one of their systems.....
First time a lady answered and Itold her that I asked her what I would gain with their system...and she said lighter weight.....I then asked her what POWER gains I would get......and she said...."ooooh.......not much.......we aren't big on power.......we are more worried about lighter weight......."

the second time I called and I was told that there is no drag pipe.....I told them that I have seen them.....and the guy called me a liar......so I hung up on him

I called the thrid time with the same results of the second call....

I am not impressed with them.......
There is no way in He!! that I would ever own anything that came with customer service like that.....

Old 08-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I was not referring to you......I had forgotten about our conversation.......I agree we did have a good conversation....and you were VERY knowledgable..........but the folks that I talked to at the factory were either slow in the head........or had NO CLUE what they were talking about, thus they shouldn't have been put in the sales department.......

I will tell you this much...........
If I did buy anything made by MBRP I would buy it from BOB CRAYCRAFT........I wouldn't want anything to do with the people at the factory..........
from they way the folks at the factory acted, I don't think that they know the difference from a 250ex and a raptor.........

Old 08-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

So does the MBRP suck or, just the customer service? Would I see similar gains to the other "Good Performing Pipes" I also like the look of the Trinity but I've read the lowend is slacking... I still can't believe there are that much difference in all the pipes that have nearly the same diameter. Could they all be engineering some magic in the guts of the Silencer?

I race RC cars and, trucks and, the pipe diameters make a difference in tuning which is solely influenced by volume. More Volume = More Lowend, Less Volume = Less Lowend but, More Top and, some where in the middle. BUT, those are 2 stroke engines? I'm having a hard time grabbing the 4 Stroke pipe deal.. Plus it is a lot of cash to shell out for something you don't like or, is not what you wanted and, you can't hear or see it mounted on a bike like yours.

Everyone i know and, ride w/ has a Banshee aside from a a few KXF's so i can't judge any Raptor pipe performance... Any people at the dunes by whatever Duneland (the Local Perf. Shop) says or, is pushing at the time and, most likely lie about internal mods to try to get you to race.. what a Quandry! lol

Where can I get the Ceramic Chrome coating done? what is the turn around time? how much???

thanks for all your patience w/ me!!

Old 08-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
So does the MBRP suck or, just the customer service? Would I see similar gains to the other "Good Performing Pipes" I also like the look of the Trinity but I've read the lowend is slacking... I still can't believe there are that much difference in all the pipes that have nearly the same diameter. Could they all be engineering some magic in the guts of the Silencer?

I race RC cars and, trucks and, the pipe diameters make a difference in tuning which is solely influenced by volume. More Volume = More Lowend, Less Volume = Less Lowend but, More Top and, some where in the middle. BUT, those are 2 stroke engines? I'm having a hard time grabbing the 4 Stroke pipe deal.. Plus it is a lot of cash to shell out for something you don't like or, is not what you wanted and, you can't hear or see it mounted on a bike like yours.

Everyone i know and, ride w/ has a Banshee aside from a a few KXF's so i can't judge any Raptor pipe performance... Any people at the dunes by whatever Duneland (the Local Perf. Shop) says or, is pushing at the time and, most likely lie about internal mods to try to get you to race.. what a Quandry! lol

Where can I get the Ceramic Chrome coating done? what is the turn around time? how much???

thanks for all your patience w/ me!!

get a Sparks X-6
I just put mine on about 30 mins ago.......it sounds awesome.......and it runs better than with the slip on........and my bike is running lean......I can just imagine what it will do when I jet up like 6 sizes where it should be........

Quick Reply: Rap Exhaust - 14Mins, Velocity, Airraptor, Raptor720, Zombie