Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

shee, yfz, or rappy

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shee, yfz, or rappy

Well I just got back from the dealer. I sat on the banshee and raptor. Looked them all over. I liked the raptor better and it was a limited edition model the last one that they have! So I went to one of the salesmen and asked him about the price for for the bike, tax, and prep. He said...

Raptor LE 6000.00
Banshee LE 5500.00
Banshee 5300.00

Do those prices seem good or not?

Hmm I don't think that the raptor will be there more than a week....D@mn thats a lot of money to get in one week!!

Old 09-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Just my opinion, but I think the YFZ is great on the trails - the only thing bad about it is that if you aren't just constantly all over it, you will hurt yourself. This bike does not want to go slow and it would be real easy for someone to blink and hug a tree. I love it in the trails, though. It lives for hooking up in dirt and will pull you through anything you get yourself into, just hold on and go fast - loves trail jumping, also. I have been launching off of this root drop and it scares me how much air this friggin' thing wants me to take.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Go the Raptor! ALot more power... alot more FUN!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

Ridley I know that you're a racer and your comfort level in tricky situations is no doubt alot riskier than mine. Even if the YFZ is just 2 inches wider than others, it feels alot wider to me and when I'm riding in trails I don't hop out with a tape measure to make sure my quad will fit between the two trees ahead... as you know, riding in the trails is sometimes just as taxxing mentally as it is physically because you have to constantly judge your path and line. Because of that maybe I am just being overly cautious because of how it feels and not how it is... if so, hopefully that will work out in time. But for now just because my YFZ can squeeze between two trees doesn't mean I should or that its a trail that I'm going to have fun on. I should also mention that my opinion is mainly based off of one set of trails that I hit in a rain storm, it had been raining all weekend and on the same evening that I had previously put my YFZ on its side and knocked the front suspension off (I was steering left just to get it to go straight). So with poor visibility due to rain, mud, fogged up goggles and no sunlight I didn't feel comfortable on the YFZ in extremely tight trails lined with trees. At that point my confidence level wasn't very high and just wanted to pack it up while I still had a functioning 4 wheeler. If my YFZ ever needs major repairs I'm out of a quad for a very long time. Luckily it was nothing to get it all straightened out and back to bad-*** trim.

I can see how my views may have been the same no matter what quad I was on (due to my mindframe at the time after the events of the day) so if my post made anyone suddenly skeptical about owning a YFZ take it with a grain of salt. Its not like I'm planning on trading it in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 09-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

once I rejetted my YFZ its the best trail bike I've ever ridden. Stock they're too lean which causes the poor low end power. Rejet it and its a whole nother animal.

Old 09-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Duh the yfz would kick the $hit out of all them Doesnt matter what conditions there in!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Well I just got back from the dealer. I sat on the banshee and raptor. Looked them all over. I liked the raptor better and it was a limited edition model the last one that they have! So I went to one of the salesmen and asked him about the price for for the bike, tax, and prep. He said...
Raptor LE 6000.00
Banshee LE 5500.00
Banshee 5300.00
ookkk those prices seem way to low...... r u paying full price upfront??? those prices r way to low the raptor LE MSRP is like 6700 i think d@mn close to it....

Old 09-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The raptor is probably the best all around quad out. Some are faster but for trails, dunes and just putting around they're hard to beat.