Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Warriors Parking thing is out.... what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Warriors Parking thing is out.... what is this?

by the clutch it has the red sign that Parking and then i see theres like a plug that broke off which goes to the parking sign or clutch area. anyways what might this wire be? and how do i know if the parking is on? im not new to riding atvs but im new at getting to know them because i just got a 2001 warrior and its awesome :-P

Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

I think that it goes to the rear end to set the brake, dont worry cuz they are junk and dont work at ALL! Your best thing would be to get a block off kit for like 30 bucks, just make sure that the triangular shaped perch up there that comes towards the end of thehandle bars ya make sure its right up agaist the brake or it wont run. it will idle and thats it.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

The warrior has a rev limiter so that if you try to drive away with the parking brake on it won't have any power.That is probably what the broken wire is for.There is a pin you push down and then you pull in the clutch lever(this pulls a brake as well) and there is a little metal piece that locks around another pin on top to lock the brake(hard to explain).If you have the brake on and the limiter is working you can hear the motor miss if you try to rev it up.To release the parking brake you simply pull in the clutch lever and it will release the brake.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

To engage the parking break there is a button to push down and then pull in the clutch and pull the metal lever that says parking toward you and lock it in. The wire you are talking about is a rev limiter for when the brake is engaged. How is it broke or did someone remove it?

Old 09-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

whenever i turn on the warrior, the parking sign stays there, also im not sure if this is the reason everytime i turn it on the battery is usually discharged and i gotta recharge it, i dont know if that is what you meant by no power. But also, i havent tried pulling it in while holding the clutch so i might try that when it gets back from the repair shop.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Crotts
To engage the parking break there is a button to push down and then pull in the clutch and pull the metal lever that says parking toward you and lock it in. The wire you are talking about is a rev limiter for when the brake is engaged. How is it broke or did someone remove it?
im not sure if it was my uncle(he used to be the owner of the warrior) but its kinda like pulled out and the whole plastic circular thing is kinda cracked but its no biggy the black wire is juts hanging out of the socket it goes in. And is it really the rev limiter?( this is what makes the fourwheel only go up to a certain rpm or speed right?)

Old 09-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, it is a safty device for when you have the break engaged. It is a rev limiter only for that break. You can remove it by following the wire down to where it plugs in( under the nose plastic) and unplug it , then plug the two ends together making a complete circuit

Old 09-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

what does this do to the break?the limiter

Old 09-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

It just makes it so you can't take off with the break on, and now that I think of it you really can't anyway because you got to pull the clutch in and put it in gear, when you pull the clutch it disengages the break anyway. I think it was a dumb idea and makes no point to me. Like yaaaaa said the break sucks and doesn't work half the time, thats why I replaced my whole clutch perch

Old 09-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks