Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tim Farr to race TRX450R

September 10, 2003

For Immediate Release

Honda Returns To ATV Racing With Tim Farr and the TRX450R

Las Vegas, NV - American Honda announced today at its annual dealer convention in Las Vegas, that the company will return to full-time ATV racing with champion racer Tim Farr and the new TRX450R.

"We are excited to return to ATV racing," said Ray Blank, Honda's Motorcycle Division Vice President. "Racing is part of Honda's DNA, so it's only natural we make a return to ATV racing with the TRX450R. Tim is the perfect choice for us. He has been racing and winning on Hondas for years. We are glad to have him as part of Team Honda."

Farr, who has won numerous titles aboard the now legendary TRX250R, will be contesting the Clear Channel/SFX Pro Quad Stadium Series, ATVA MX Series and the ATVA TT Series aboard the new TRX450R.

"The TRX450R is the best ATV I've ridden in my career," said Farr. "I can't wait to start competing and winning on it. It's awesome to have Honda get back into ATV racing."

In addition to the series mentioned above, look for Farr to be competing on the TRX450R in the 2003 Baja 1000.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:06 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be interesting to see if any YFZ's show up at BAJA ?????????? It really isn't a desert racing chassis, but who knows, someone might give it a try.

I can't avoid the observation here that the Raptors don't do very well at desert endurance racing! They seem to have durability issues.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes i heard this last week and i also heard they are perping one for the baja !! Lets just hope they don't put the cheating Chiawawas on it!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Come on honda don't do that too us!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
It will be interesting to see if any YFZ's show up at BAJA ?????????? It really isn't a desert racing chassis, but who knows, someone might give it a try.

I can't avoid the observation here that the Raptors don't do very well at desert endurance racing! They seem to have durability issues.
it is funny that everyone that doesn't own a rappy says this.........but I have had NO durability issues with my rappy, nor have any of my friends with rappys.......

and you said that the yfz isn't a desert racer.........but you have in your status that you will have a trx450 "desert racer"
that is strange......the yamaha isn't good enough but they are essentially the same bike?.....
think before you speak!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

AZSAND what do you have against MBRP? Just curious...

Old 09-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I don't want to ruin anyone elses thread pm me or start a new thread and ill be happy to address that issue for you!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scary-The TRX and YFZ AREN'T THE SAME BIKES AT ALL! The YFZ chassis is more MX bred, where the TRX uses the time proven 250R geometry. Just becaue Honda calls this a "race" bike, doesn't mean it is exclusively an "MX" bike. This gives the TRX more mass appeal, and should attract a wider market segment. And, your Yamaha is giving up 11 cc's (although you can expect Yamaha to fix that next year).

I have ridden the YFZ in the open desert, and it is a fun ride. (It is especially great for freestyle jumping in the dunes!!!) I think the recreational cross country desert rider will like the YFZ. But it just wasn't bred for that, so I doubt it will make a good desert racer (but you can mod anything up and make it work). It's just not a natural in that arena (just like an XR650 isn't a natural on an MX track).

As far as the Raptor goes, just look at the desert racing result. 250R's dominate. Z400's are starting to make headway. Even 400EX's still do well because of their great durability. The Raptor just hasn't made the impact that one would have expected. "To finish first, you must first finish".

Old 09-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

I think the 450r will be a worthy competitor of the 250r in the GNCC racing circuit while the YFZ seems more GNC mx race bred. Hopefully the Yamaha will finally come around to factory sponsorship like Honda, and take our sport to a whole new level![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

I think the yammy guys are a little upset because Honda came out and 1 upped them with the sponsorship of Tim Farr. Is it just me or do i hear a lot of crickets coming from this room of the forums??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

I guess they would have to one up yamaha with a factory rider, since they didnt one up yamaha with the quad.

Quick Reply: Tim Farr to race TRX450R