Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which has better acceleration & top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which has better acceleration & top speed?

Banshee or YFZ?

i could probably get either one, and i would use it mostly for sand and some trails. the main thing for me is accel and top speed. ive heard of banshees doing 120 mph and that would be great, but i know it takes a lot of engine work and a LOT of money to get that kind of performance, and then youre limited to drags.

i was just wondering if anybody knew which has the better accel and which has the best top speed. i would like to eventually get the top end up to about 90, which could be done with some minor engine mods, a pipe, some 24'' tires and a sprocket set for either bike, so im just wondering which would be a better starting platform for that.

i know if youre asking which is a better all around bike, you have to go YFZ, its got a great engine, good suspension, its a great jumper and has good handling. ive heard that the YFZ is a little hard in the suspension area, and the seats not too comfortable, which makes sense for MX. i really like the seat and soft suspension on the banshee, and the 2 stroke sound and all that.

anything you have to say would help greatly, thanks