Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

Around here there are VERY strict laws about this kind of stuff, so you can get in ALOT of trouble, lucky for me no cop ever cought me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
A bunch of friends and I was stopped by a Sheriffs 'Copter in Riverside, CA. Riding on private property
now around here its even worse, they arange theas "quad oparations" as they call them, where a big number of off road police vehicles asisted by a choper ambush popular riding spots and bust people for recless driving (its mainly intended to find stolen rides, a BIG problem in our area, but if they see you they will arrest you) and other stuff, but its not realy a problem for me, couse MY DADS THE PILOT!!!!!! so no worry's!

Old 10-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

Been chased by countless crazed people for riding where I'm not supposed to
Chased by cops at least 50 times (no exaggeration)
Arrested 3 times for riding where I'm not supposed to

All of this in only 3 yrs of owning quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I am so proud of all of this

Lets just say the cops know me pretty well

The reason all this has happened is because there isnt any legal spots to ride in Rhode Island...and the powerline r in my backyard so I go all over the state...getting chased 1 out of every 10 rides

Old 10-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

i got caught going 60 on the highway on my old beartracker. I almost made it to a trail when the cop cut me off in traffic, had nowhere to go! Fined up tha a$$. Alternative to prosecution class with all drug dealers for 'underage operation of a recreational vehicle.'

Old 10-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

I was driving down a nice wide gravel road with quite a few friends. You could legally ride the road as long as you only go twenty five....so after 2 seconds of that we decide to race...Me on a DS on the inside then two Drz 400 dirtbikes then a raptor..,,all going side by side....the corners of the road are lond and sweeping you can see a car coming for a long way.....i was right behind the dirtbikes when we got to a sharper corner as i pull in front i notice a truck in the ditch......Game warden. We slowed down but kept going he never came.We got to the end of the road and decided to stop.(not smart) we were sitting there waiting for the EX and the Polaris magnum to catch up when the warden pulled up..He parked around the corner and walked over to us.....He was real nice about it made sure we all had stickers glad we had helmets...asked why the raptor was so slow.....As long as we had stickers he was fine just asked us to slow down..

Old 10-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Forgot to say then the EX and magnum came around the corner wide open....the didnt see the Wardens truck.. the were to excited to look around and see him standing right there.. they pulled up and were yelling run..run..run..the game wardens coming..He wasnt very nice to them.

Old 10-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

ive never been caught on my quad but i used to drive a 79 ford f150 lifted and tires and got stuck down by the river. luckily for me my friend in his s10 with smaller tires and no lift was there to *try* to pull me out. well of course that dident work and we had both truck barried up to the axles. we were off the road a ways but the cop still seen us but we though wed be sneeky and hide because the cop dident want to get his shoes muddy and come and look for us. we waited for the cop to leave and got a ride home and called a tow truck to come pull us out. tow truck comes and gets stuck trying to pull us out about 2am we get pulled out and guess who shows up OFFICER FRIENDLY.... the moron tow truck driver called the cops and told them we were stuck. thank god the cop was cool but we both still got $150 tickts for trespassing. and it cost us both 75 bucks to get pulled out. so advice to everyone if your gonna get in trouble make sure you can at least TRY to run from them... and dont get stuck.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

it was me on a honda 300 fourtrax with a friend on the back and another person with a brand new raptor that was bought that morning and a 98 300 ex another friend had with a loud cobra pipe. we were riding all day through the national forest and on the roads and ditches tearing them up and slinging mud on the roads the we went down a long dirt road in the woods again needing gas we had to go on side of highway 59 about 2 miles from the dirt road was a truckstop we were soaked and then we heard somebody tell us that they heard a police scanner talking and looking for some 4 wheelers that were tearing up the ditches and roads. we hauled back to the dirt road and tried to get home we had about 5 miles to go and the shortcut was behind an old cemetary that we had to go through a creek but it was really high that week so we had to go the long way. anyway the sport quads left me and my friend with me behind. we passed a guys house and a couple miles away right in front of my house was that guy folowing us real close then he got next to us and stopped us. he told us that the cops came to his house thinking it was him for tearing stuff up because he had some quads. but he wanted to know wear we lived so we told him that we lived at the house of my friends with the sport quads. by then they were at there house safe. punks they are left us. so that guy folowed us to the other house where they were waiting and started telling the others what he told us 2. then my friend with the honda started to mouth off saying that those ruts in the ditch were there already and made by a truck because they were there but my friend just mad it way worse. then the guy started cussing and wanted to know our names because the cops were blaming the. finally he left and my granny called the house were i was because she had a scanner and heard about us then she came and picked me up. what a blast. but i have many cop stories and stuff. like the time i was racing a xr500of my friends around a gravel corner and i saw two mailboxes i locked the brakes but i hit both of them and the fence behind it. mail went everywhere and one of the mailboxes was a cow. the cow head flew over the xr500 riders head who was about 30 feet ahead of me. that was great

Old 10-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

ive been chased numerous times on my gokart. Recieved about 4 warning notices one for cutting a hole in a fence (we lived in a gated community and i needed a way to get out to the dirt roads) Also got in trouble for ripping up my neighbors lawn in my gokart.

Old 10-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While a lot of these tales make for a good story. They are also good examples of what gives offroaders a bad name. A lot of mischeivious and destructive behavior has been depicted on this thread. Think about the fun we all have when not being destructive to others property and think of how you would feel if yor property was damaged by someone else. Then reconsider where and how you ride your quad, motorcycle, gocart etc.....

The point is, you can have just as much fun riding and respecting others property.

Old 10-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: bigugly
While a lot of these tales make for a good story. They are also good examples of what gives offroaders a bad name. A lot of mischeivious and destructive behavior has been depicted on this thread. Think about the fun we all have when not being destructive to others property and think of how you would feel if yor property was damaged by someone else. Then reconsider where and how you ride your quad, motorcycle, gocart etc.....

The point is, you can have just as much fun riding and respecting others property.
I agree one hundred percent. all the stories are good, but we really don't want thses stories to be happening anymore. we need our riding areas open, and a bad name doesn't help any.
all i ask is please tell more stories, but don't create anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike