Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin a Quad

around 5'3 around 105

Old 10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gettin a Quad

How does this quad do in the snow?

I am starting to have some douts about getting a sport as apposed to a utility. The trails I will be rideing in you won't be able to go above 15 MPH most of the time because of the tightness of the turns and stuff. Also it would be a pain to keep useing the clutch when going around turns, up hills, etc. Also I would like to possibly mount a plow on my ATV so...

Old 10-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gettin a Quad

a pain 2 use the clutch.........u dont even have to use the clucth except to pulll out

Old 10-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gettin a Quad

Yea dont doubt buying a bike with clutch.. I think quads are boring without shifting. JMO

Old 10-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gettin a Quad

ive had so much more fun on my blaster than on any sport/ute. ive ever ridden. also, although you wont be able to go fast in those trails cause of the twistys, a ute quad is a lot wider and longer than a blaster, so theyre sometimes harder to maneuver through twisty areas. the only thing about a blaster and twisty stuff is the turning radius is a little wide, i dont know why, but since its skinnier it can fit into smaller areas.

and im not trying to be mean or anything, but dont talk about how annoying it is to shift til youve experienced it. its really not a big deal at all, you hardly notice it at all. the blaster has a very forgiving clutch and it also takes a lot to kill it, like youd have to be going REALLY slow to have it stall. the engine is very peppy and makes any trail 10x as fun as on a ute.

the blaster is really designed for a rider your age and weight, but dont think that it wont last you a while, im 16 and i have one, im only growing out of it cause ive been riding for a long time and i want more power, but if this is your first quad, itll supply tons of fun for a long time, expecially if you mod it.

the clutch has a nice feature thats standard to most manual tranny atvs and motorcycles nowadays, you dont need to use the clutch for anything other than just getting going, from first gear, and for shifting down. so shifting up is easy, you dont need the clutch, just let off the throttle a bit and pop it up a gear. its really nice, especially when youre accelerating so fast that you cant reach the clutch, lol. (believe me, its true, a lot of the time if im going as fast as i can i cant reach, it takes enough effort to hold on.)

also, a utility quad is a lot more expensive than a blaster, i garuntee you wont find any ute with the power, acceleration, speed and "fun factor" for anywhere near the same price. im not saying that a ute is a bad idea, im just saying that for me, a sport quad is a lot more fun, and unless you do some really bad twisty muddy trails, a blaster should be just fine.

as for snow, i dont know, ive never ridden mine in snow, but i doubt it would be a problem.

Old 10-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gettin a Quad

also, dont expect to have much fun in the dunes with a utility quad.

Old 10-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gettin a Quad

Hey splat i saw your pics and then looked at mine, we look alot alike with helmets on hahaha time for u to step up to a Big Rappy?!. Ok back to the issue, It really depends on Thickness of the sand grain or depth of the snow. I know at Little Sahara OK my 00 Warrior felt like i was riding one of those electric TOYS R US brand atv..... i couldnt keep up with anyone, I think the blaster would have similar problems, dont get me wrong ive been smoked by 2-3 blasters on my warrior [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] .. But all in all i agree with splat, Great begginer shift quad and wont let you down. GO YAMAHAS!!!!! Good luck

Travis

Old 10-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gettin a Quad

I have ridden a blaster befor, and I just think with out the clutch is much easier
(i rode a blaster, and a foreman the same day through the same trail and it was so much easier with the foreman)
I guess it is just personal opinion

thanks for your guys thoughts