Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What about some SHEE knowledge??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about some SHEE knowledge??

I am in the process of reworking my 96 SHEE.... I have currently sent my motor off to CT racing for a complete reworking which consisted of their '370 Long Rod Kit'. I had Ol Allen install a cool head w/17cc domes, a MX Port, and went w/ his MX pipes and silencers, he also put all of the other lil knacks and so forth that goes along with the lil package... The motor should put out 60 horsepower, any more would be senseless i.e.-->would not be able to get traction coming out of corners. I am probably going with TCS suspension all the way around, I am not really sure yet though--I see alotta people going with Custom Axis.... Is there that big of a difference?? Is there many people in here that has ran both types of suspension? What about Elkas? Next question I have is concerning my airfilter......... I am in a state of UTTER CONFUSION about either running a K&N assembly w/outerwears, or a foam setup!! With a modified motor and all of the money I am dropping off into this project I want maximum performance, but also do not wanna trash my engine either.
If you run outerwears on your K&N w/o the box and only run for 2 or 3 hours a weekend and clean them after every ride (NO MUD or WATER) only MX at a track that is always nicely prepped, would the K&N sacrifice your reliability?? I take awesome care of my bike, I am not a slacker!!

Question #3) I am somewhat undecided on the A-arms, there are so many brands out there, I am probably going to go with Laeger (they seem to have the best reputation) but there are 3 configurations, wich are: +3, +2, and +2 up 1. My question is which is better? I am about 225 lbs., and running only MX---which one of these rae the best setup with the information being provided? This crap is so expensive, I only want to have to buy everything once, and only once, I do not desire to spend $2,000 on my handling components only to realize 6 months later that I should purchased a different configuration! Any help on this subject will be totally appreciated!!

My lil Bro has a 88 250R that I sold back in 92!! We are competing on who can (will) nhave the fastest bike!! He is about to order either a 265 P/V, or a 310 kit for the bad lil R, he has the handling tricked out for the most part w/Elkas and leager A-arms....

Another question, are the new 18X10X8 holeshots that much better than the slightly older 18X11X9 holeshots? If so how, or in what aspect?

Why am I spending a Sh!!!!t load of money on a shee?? I only wanna prove to all of the people around me that a SHEE can be made into an AWESOME MXer'.. Besides, I have always liked them, and you hardly ever see them at the track! I will have around 12G in my bike when the project is finally completed, so every ones educated opinion will be appreciated!, Thanx!

96 Shee with +4 dura blue, CT Long Rod 370, Cool Head w/17cc domes, CT MX pipes and silencers, holeshots, Twist throttle, handle bars w/CR 250 bend, and soon to be totally trick handling components!!

LONG LIVE 2 STROKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!