Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I bought a raptor and i want more power.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a raptor and i want more power.

how can i get a wheelie in every gear out of my raptor? it is the 2004 totally stock one. i am 14 years old and plan to race this one day. please post here with the best upgrades for it. thanks.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

CRAYCRAFT!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The cheapest and most efficient way to get more power out of your stock Raptor is to get a K&N air filter, Jet kit, and good exhaust...slip on should be fine. This will "uncork" your machine and if done right you should notice an immediate increase in performance.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there a pipe i can get htat will increase power and keep it quiet? if so about how much does it run $$ and where can i get it? (online or at my dealer)

Old 10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have heard from a few others on this forum that the MBRP is the slip-on to get if noise is going to be a problem. I was considering keeping it quite too but then just said "what the heck" and got the White Bros. R4...it is definatley loud! My whole setup with K&N filter, billet adapter, jet kit, and exhaust cost around $575 and was well worth it.

Old 10-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you want quiet stay with the stocker. I havent run across an aftermarket pipe that is as quiet as stock. Power is easy to find. A quick cheap upgrade for any four wheeler is gearing. You get the right gearing and the wheelies will come.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

I ride a Raptor and know for a fact that you can not race it without putting tons of money into it. For one, it sits to high, two bump steer is horrible, three it will bend easily(everything)the list goes on and on. You don't see too many guys racing Raptors unless they've put 10-20 grand into it. It's defenitely a fast bike and fun as hell to ride but it's not typically a mx bike. If you want more power, a DRI 740cc engine kit only costs around $2200!!! Then you have to upgrade everything else to handle all that extra power. These quads of ours are money pits but we all know that.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to race a Raptor, Punker660 offers good advice - get ready to SPEND MONEY! Craycraft for the HP and cubic $$ for a new suspension. After $10K or so in aftermarket parts for your Raptor, you might be able to keep up with the YFZs on the MX track:-)

Old 10-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well I think Punker660 & UBETRUN have hit the nail on the head. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the race part. I raced MX for about 8 years but on two wheels....not four. You buy an MX bike and there isn't too much you really have to do to it for it to be race ready. Quad on the other hand.....go to your local track, swing by the pits and check out all the mods. Some of those guys must have bottomless pockets!

Old 10-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

I ran a e-series and passed 98 des. I still have it if your interestead.I have extra 6 disks for more power but its loader. I dont use it anymore. Also add a pro desighn air filter + adaptor k&n is fine if you run in dry conditions. You can feel instant power gain & throttle responce.

Quick Reply: I bought a raptor and i want more power.