Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster vs warrior

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster vs warrior

i drove both and i think the blaster handles better and is way more nimble, BUT the warrior had blown shocks so i didnt get a real g00d feel for tha handling but got a pretty good feel of tha power. now i've heard that warriors handle bad from tha factory but i've never rode a warrior with good suspension

Old 11-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I own a blaster, and i ride my friends warrior very frequently. what kinda riding do you prefer? Just b/c Im a blaster rider doesn't mean I'm one sided or nothing, but, If your trail riding and don't really care about get up and go then go warrior. it is a little bigger than the blaster yes. Don't listen to pple who say
oh it's a 2 stroke mucho maintenence. Other than top end rebuilds every once in a while, they really are no differnt. Warrior is more luxurious, but blaster has way more potential and more aftermarket parts. it's your pick, but if you really want some get up and go, buy a blaster. if you just want to putt around, warrior. it's your choice man, but i think a blaster can be made to go so much faster with less money. just my 3 cents

Old 11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

stock vs stock blaster wins i have both a 2003 blaster and a 2003 warrior the warrior performance sucs in my eyes in a drag race the blaster is 6 bikes ahead there both good at wheelies there both great in trails but the suspension on the warrior.my back springs on the warrior are already gone.the back springs new i got them both at the same time in january now i put a pipe and a silencer and a k&n on the blaster that made a huge difference the warrior has only a k&n now that i got the warrior i wish i never got the thing know i now a if i got a pipe and a silencer and a jett kitt would be pleased but right know i dond got the money the end of the month im goin to get a yz250f.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Your warrior must be broken because ive never lost to a blaster. Acceleration wise, some blasters get a hole shot (every machine is a bit different and riders weigh different) but the warrior pulls ahead. As for the blaster having more of an aftermarket following, since when? Everything there is for other four strokes there is also for a warrior. Shocks, A arms, cams, pistons, rods, you name it, its out there. Tends to happen when a machine has been around for ever. If the blaster was faster and did everything better, wouldnt it cost more?

Old 11-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

thats great jakal, cuz ive never lost to a warrior...and all i did was pipe it! hehe

blasters are cheap to mod and theyre all over the place just like warriors.
they are both durable and dependable - ask the person who owns one.
both are overdue for a major upgrade; their designs go back to the 80's.
I ride a warrior a lot and own a blaster, i dont like the weight of the warrior.
Expect to see some big changes in both quads in the next 2 years.

If you MUST have something now, buy a raptor. It was designed in this century and while it may not be cutting edge anymore, it celebrated a lot of 'firsts.' and there should be plenty of used ones around. it's like having a bigblock pickup.
I really look forward to the days of the disappearance of those square fenders and wide seats from the blaster, warrior and banshee. they are all overdue for suspension upgrades etc.

enjoy what you have and ride it! we are so lucky to be having this discussion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]