Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Was everyone happy with....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was everyone happy with....

I have noticed more people with the CFM Lowering Kit listed in their signitures. Was everyone happy with the handling and less standing up of their raptors???

I talked the kit up really good when I got mine, and was wondering if everyone liked them??? I love mine, and was just wondering what you guys thought of them.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

why do you lower it if you aint tt tracking it! or do you?

Old 11-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

i think my kit is cfm.... if it is or not it works now and a lot cheaper than marvin shaws!

Old 11-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

can you jump with this kit? is it front and rear? got some links, how much it cost?

Old 11-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I got my front kit from 14mins and I love it, only bad thing is that the ride got a bit stiffer, but its all good! Ive jumped a couple of times and have not liked how I "bulldoze" the top of the jump and later land and the front end just digs into the sand. I would not use a drop kit if you will be jumping a lot. I can still pull the front end REALLY easy, it did help some but not much. Cost me like $35 shipped to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't run flat track or anything like that, but I got the kit for overall performance.

After lowering my Raptor it handles better then any 400ex I have ever been on. Instead of being tippy and instead of getting the feeling that your going to drive out of a turn, you get a awesome surprise when the bike steers through the turn.

Besides for that, when your drag racing it puts more weight on the front and keeps it from standing up off the line.

Not to mention when you hill climb constantly(like I do)...it doesn't hurt to be lowered. Definetly keeps you on the all four wheels instead of standing up and possibly rolling over.

www.cfmracing.com

I know BigScary has one. He got his shortly after I got mine. And no, I did not lower the back of my Raptor with a adjustable strut. No I didn't buy any kind of linkage either. I just flipped the middle linkage on my rear shock. Yes it works, no it doesn't hurt the bike at all.

The only set back on the whole thing is....NO JUMPING!!!! Minor jumping won't hurt anything, but major air will. However, the kit is easy to install or uninstall. Takes about 10 minutes to install the front lowering kit. Takes about 20 minutes to flip the rear linkage. If anyone is interested or needs info on the flipping the rear linkage, let me know and I'll go into detail on how to flip it and lower the back of your Raptor.

CFM Phone: (989)795-2550

Old 11-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

I thought I would chime and to say that I like mine also.........
I took it off for the MX track last weekend.....but I think I would have been fine leave'n it on.......I didn't get Much air.........LOL
(first time at the track)

Old 11-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was going to ask you about that. LOL

I had hoped you was on a MX track with the lowering kit. Hopefully with my new mods over winter, I'll get the nerve up to go race at the MX track here.

I already made the trip to the 300ft drags and won the Raptor class(stock raptor class). And I think MX would be fun.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I was going to ask you about that. LOL

I had hoped you was on a MX track with the lowering kit. Hopefully with my new mods over winter, I'll get the nerve up to go race at the MX track here.

I already made the trip to the 300ft drags and won the Raptor class(stock raptor class). And I think MX would be fun.
it doesn't look hard.......but it is!!!........LoL
when I got through with the second moto my right fore arm was swole up to the size of my bicep.......and I couldn't even move my right thumb........LoL

then amount of air i got I don't see any reason that you couldn't use the drop kit.........
hell.......i'll try it someday when I get the nuts.......LoL

Old 11-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Has anyone tried Warrior shocks on their Raptor? I bought a pair on Ebay for $50 that are in VGC. My original intention was to use them for grass drags but I've kept them on. They lowered the front end 2.25" at the bumper, widened it 1", and the best thing is I didn't have to quit jumping. I weigh 270lbs and these shocks, set on the lightest notch, take a harder hit than the stockers did set on the stiffest notch. I will say they aren't as "cushy feeling" as the stockers though. After flipping the rear linkage and using these front shocks, my Raptor is a totally different ride.

Quick Reply: Was everyone happy with....