Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you been injured riding a quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you been injured riding a quad?

I have had a few mishaps over the years. I flipped my lakota in 1999 unloading it from the truck. ( I never ride it off the truck anymore unless i am parked in a bar ditch. I also try not to ride it up the ramp to load it either)

I gashed my leg open in 2001(raptor) when i got crossed up in the whoops and run over my foot. ( I toughed that one out should have gotten it sewed up)

I have had a few dismounts in the dunes but nothing big

My son has crashed a few times and got back on the quad with out a trip to the doctor.

My wife is the only one that made the trip to the doctor. (cut her finger open on some part of the handlebar/front basket of her quad) She always wears gloves now.

So do they know you by name at the ER or Doctors office?

Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Crashed before.. Wrecked the raptor... Couple of bruises and scratches but no trip to the doctor.. Flipped over the handlbars hitting my friend.. He stopped to quickly and i was behind him.. So i flew about 60 feet.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

But the raptor is of course fixed and looks beutiful again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like when I just got it.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Well the last crash that I remember was at your land..nothing serious.. actually pretty funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
I did case out a step-up on my 'shee and got bucked over...that was funny too. I crashed ALOT when I was younger though. Bit through my bottom lip, burned leg at least 10 times from off camber hills on a quad w/ no suspension ('86 lt50), scraped leg from gettin caught up in rear tire. Haven't ever been SERIOUSLY hurt on a quad yet, hope not too (knock on wood).

Mike

Old 11-26-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Never hurt riding but i do know better now than to hold on to the back of a little 80 to teach my little girl to ride she pulled me half way across my 5 acres till it fliped. didnt want her to go through a fence.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm me crash? NEVER .................... ok maybe a few times. I'll list them by location lol
MX Track #1: cased double, fell off, got run over by my own quad and then someone else ran over my arm. Just a few bruises
MX Track #2: took large jump at too high of speed, big air+crappy suspension= compressed spine. I continued the race but could barely move for about 3 days afterwards.
Kermit dunes: rode off a 15-20 foot ledge. large deep bruise on my leg from where it bent the throttle to a 90 degree angle, bent the handlebars with my stomach which ended up looking like raw steak, scrape on my left leg from I have no clue, extremely sore for days.
Rocky Ridge: on their crappy drag strip I pulled a wheelie going into 4th gear, tire hit a rock or something and kicked the tire up, I came off the back at about 40-50 mph. raptor cartwheeled to a stop about 50-60 feet in front of me after I slid on my back for about 15 feet. lower 1/4 of my back had massive road rash and I had some more road rash on my forearms.

Those are my major ones [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm waiting on Ernie's reply now lol

Old 11-26-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

RaptorRidrTX.....aka crash test dummy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. See I told you them ft. worth boys ain't nothing but trouble.

Mike

Old 11-26-2003, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

I broke 3 toes the first day I had my Raptor, learned very early on to respect the machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Outside of that just the normal scratchs, cuts, and bruises a person will get every now and then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Ain't you guys have anything better to bring up!! LOL

Pick another topic 14mins.

One good thing I haven't had to see a doctor on any of my mishaps. Not that I want to have any more.

Old 11-26-2003, 04:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ernie- You did not get hurt hitting the trailer house but your banshee suffered a terminal ilness and you did 1500 dollars damage to the trailer. 4000 dollar banshee & 1500 trailer damage= slight headache and bruses on ernie. The look on my face as ernie mumbled a word- PRICELESS

Quick Reply: Have you been injured riding a quad?