Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Two NEW sport quads comming!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two NEW sport quads comming!

I friend of mine just came back from a local Yamaha dealer and the sales guy gave him some very good news. He was told that the Warrior is end of life and is being replaced with a brand new 350cc quad. Apparently looking something like a raptor. The sales guy also told him that this quad will be available early next year, Jan/Feb. 2004

Another one he mentioned was a new 250cc 4 stroke quad to replace the blaster. No time lines yet, but it will use a similar 250 motor than the YZ250 dirt bike. Apparently something in the same lines as they did with the YZ450/YFZ450 motor.

If Yamaha did that, they will have the fastest 250cc four stroke production quad out. Kicking both Suzuki and Honda in the teeth.

Lets hope they make it happen sooner than later.

Old 11-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Freez
Another one he mentioned was a new 250cc 4 stroke quad to replace the blaster. No time lines yet, but it will use a similar 250 motor than the YZ250 dirt bike. Apparently something in the same lines as they did with the YZ450/YFZ450 motor.

If Yamaha did that, they will have the fastest 250cc four stroke production quad out. Kicking both Suzuki and Honda in the teeth.
That really doesn't make sense to replace an entry-level machine with a high-performance one... I will believe it when I see it...

Old 11-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds belieavable to me because I heard this from my Yamaha Dealer also [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But im not going to believe it either until it's official.

-Eric-

Old 11-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I heard the rumor of a new Wolverine for 2005 from the owner of the local Yammy dealership. Maybe 450 powered...but I hounded him for more info or something definate, but he just kinda dodged the question and wouldn't give me any straight answers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 11-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm-- I couldn't rell ya if there's gonna be new stuff out or not, but the Warrior is getting a bit old- a great package but the air colling is what lets it down. But the Warrior always had had a special place in my heart-- godspeed Warrior...........

Old 12-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Both the warrior and blaster are classified as sports quads. They are supposed to be high performance quads. The warrior is an old quad and hence cannot keep up with the new generation ones. The blaster was never a slow quad for a 200cc, but two strokes are being phased out. All Yamaha will be doing is updating the existing line with newer generation quads. The blaster is a quad with a chain drive, gear and clutch. It is also the best selling quad, why would they not make a new 250CC four stroke to replace it and in doing so, they have to make it a fast one. Yamaha might go for the shaft drive and no clutch setup, but if they use the YZ250 motor as a base, the thing will fly.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

One thing Yamaha will have to do is keep the reliability of the old Warrior-Wolverine engine. I know it's an out dated design, but they have all the bugs worked out. Kinda like the old 300 4x4 Honda not the most power or speed but rock solid in dependability. It always worried me buying a first year machine...I kinda have a wait and see attitude. Make sure there are no major problems. Remember the Raptor trannys.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Warrior does need to be updated and the two strokes are going bye bye but who knows what will be in the line up next?

Old 12-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Couple things concern me

-replacing a entry level machine (blaster)with a high performance quad.
-and seperating the warrior from the wolverine. these quads share alot of the same parts. this design kept manufacturing cost low.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

I will be in the market for an entry-level quad for my daughter in about 2 years and was considering a blaster but heard the 2 strokes will be no longer able to go in ORV parks they WILL be able to race in close curse.

I was looking at the Honda and the Suzuki 250's but they seem limited in being able to upgrade for racing.

No one can beat the aftermarket for Yamaha. So if they came out with a 250 4stroke then that is where my money is going to go.

Quick Reply: Two NEW sport quads comming!