Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Any details on the fastest Banshees?

Old 12-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

The whoops at Glamis are a lot worse than the the whoops at Dumont. from what I have seen. That's just my opinion.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

250R4LIFE

what do you have done to your YFZ and how is it jetted?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Just arrived!!! Traffic was horrible!!!

The fastest banshee that I witnessed was a three cylinder and it was running 83mph. There seemed to be three pretty close bikes, one d&m racing 3cylinder, one orange/green 3 cylinder, and my bosses mechanic had a fast 780 on alky, They were probably hitting the upper 80's near the end of the day, we left kind of early 4:00.

As for my dad's sparks bikes vs. my craycraft, they got me again. Not by a hole lot but they are faster. I'll post some vids by the end of the week.

I never was able to hook up with azsand or speedmn. It was crazy packed, more people than ever before. The first three rows seemed to merge together as one at times!!!!

My dad never got beat by any four strokes, we beat many 420 banshees and a some 370's on alky, some ct 350r's as well. Great trip

Old 12-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to know what happenned go to Planet Sand,with that said Dan Hull as always it seems was the fastest with his triple Cheetahs engine at something like 88 mph.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam

My dad never got beat by any four strokes

Thats because he never lined up against the BDC!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

There were a lot of fast bikes at Glamis this weekend!I did not get to meet any of you out there, but I had a good time and my bike was running like a champ.I got called a liar a few times when guys would ask how much motor work I had done!!No one would beleive that all I had was a pipe and some K&N's.Good trip all around.
P.S. I might have met some of you...I am a blue Raptor with all of the fenders shaved and a Sparks X-6 pipe.Let me know if I talked to you.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Who was there? And who has the bragging rights? Did the king or assand show up? Sparks? Howard stern, raptoraz, speddmn or?

Any mph numbers for the banshees?

I did very well considering this was my first weekend out with my current engine/chassis combo. Unfortunately, I came to play with the wrong tires and gearing. So the BDC gave me the "Beat Down". However, they were the only four strokes able to do it. And it wasn't a killing. I just couldn't match King's, AZraptor's, or Speddmn's awesome holeshot's. Out of the three, the only bike I could motor down, was Speddmn's. And that was only if he didn't get me out of the hole by 4-5 lengths. I think BAD483's bike is gonna be the top dog this year. I saw it leave many drag Banshee's scratching their heads.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: racereadyraptor
There were a lot of fast bikes at Glamis this weekend!I did not get to meet any of you out there, but I had a good time and my bike was running like a champ.I got called a liar a few times when guys would ask how much motor work I had done!!No one would beleive that all I had was a pipe and some K&N's.Good trip all around.
P.S. I might have met some of you...I am a blue Raptor with all of the fenders shaved and a Sparks X-6 pipe.Let me know if I talked to you.
LOL It works good don't it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

Sure the hell dose SixsixT!!

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?