Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

+2 helped my Raptor tremendously, much less bucking in the rough stuff. Easier to go fast in the whoops when the seat isn't trying to launch you over the bars:-)

Old 12-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My thoughts and i always have a few
1. will prove nothing except for that day one quad was able to get thru the whoops and to the top first. Might even have 50 people that will play
2. will have one quad that is the fastest that day
3. Texas sand drags runs during the warmer months and you can get a time slip and tell if you jumped the light or not. Down hill track
4. Trinity's dyno give great numbers for framing
5. Dyno jet dyno will make you mad
6. June Nationals will be fun and 1 quad will be the fastest
7. You will find if you leave your backyard that there are many many types of contest. (flat 300 drags, 1/8th mile asphault, hill climbs, hill climbs with whoops, etc)
8. At whatever track you go to there always seems to be a person that has it figured out

After the races are over and everyone is back home at the computer you will wonder if you were at the same place after reading some comments. LOL

Old 12-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

Raptor03 if you think that a swingarm doesn't make a difference you have a big surprise coming. Why do you think all fast banshees have an extended swingarm, because it looks cool. I don't think so..

Old 12-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

sixsixt I'll be happy to spot you 12 bikes or 15 for that matter bring it on over anytime. And selector yes a swingarm makes a big difference especially at olds with the whoops, it allows you to sit back on the seat and hold the front end up without going over backwards and you don't have to let off the throttle and with a 4-stroke if you let off the throttle it is hard to bring your rpm's back up since they don't rev like a 2-stroke.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: speeddmn
sixsixt I'll be happy to spot you 12 bikes or 15 for that matter bring it on over anytime. And selector yes a swingarm makes a big difference especially at olds with the whoops, it allows you to sit back on the seat and hold the front end up without going over backwards and you don't have to let off the throttle and with a 4-stroke if you let off the throttle it is hard to bring your rpm's back up since they don't rev like a 2-stroke.
So how do you know what length to do? I can't afford any and I would suppose that if you get a +4, but found out you need a +6 ya ain't gonna be eat'n lunch for a while 'cause them mofs is expensive. Hell, I'd just get an 8 and call it done!

Old 12-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] 15 I'll have to dust it off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock yfz has a nice length to it. If you go to long you start losing weight on the rear tires and spin too much.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Range Rover

Selector you can get too long. It depends on what kind of riding you are doing and where, also what kinda bike you have. I use a +4 on my banshee and 400ex so I can still dune and jump them. I have an extremely fast banshee and for racing at Glamis I could use a lot longer swingarm but then I would'nt be able to dune it the way I like to. In fact if any of these 4-strokes could keep up with my banshee I would be so impressed I think I would sell it and get another 4-stroke but that isn't going to happen.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
8. At whatever track you go to there always seems to be a person that has it figured out

After the races are over and everyone is back home at the computer you will wonder if you were at the same place after reading some comments. LOL
Totaly agree.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Selector:

I was running with a stock swing-arm on the Dumont Videos and it killed me in the whoops. . . was always playin' catch-up. (That and I wasn't pushing it because I didn't want to end up on my a$$.)

Wife's Raptor has a very mild 686 has a +4 swingarm and she loves it.

Go too long and your tires will just spin. (Just like Speeddmn was saying.)

What kind of HP do you have?

The Sparks guys Raptor, Z400 and KFX 400 all had extended swing-arms. I don't think the 450 Lyle was running had one though. He was a rocket off the line but, he was in a brawl with the front end every time too.

What's up with this YFZ467??? What do you have done to that thing?

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?