Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

my 1200 would be putting out 225 horses... get good goggles for the dust storm! don't forget your brain bucket either!

Old 12-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

It is funny to me that we talk about a hill. I haven;t seen Glamis or Dumont, but there is no way it is Choke Cherry or the left hand side of sand mtn. (utah). Now at Sand mountain the shees can get there and launch out of the shoot. But none of those rides are shooting choke cherry. They can't get them there. The point being that out here we have crakenstein and the others from T&N that rip the hill, but then what? Roll over and refuel. Me, I prefer watching the SENSIBLY built shees that can make it out to choke cherry and race that hill. or the roaring raptors, DS, predators, and even the 450's and 400's tear up Devils dune. I aint tearing you hill shooters down, but it is a straight line, and the fastest is ALWAYS he who spent the most. THe bowl runners or backside riders or big dune shooters are a LOT more impressive if you ask me.

Old 12-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Hoss, Thats what all of us slow guys say![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k. I'm with ya though, the one who has the fat wallet usually wins.

Old 12-04-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LOWBOWTIE
Hoss, Thats what all of us slow guys say![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k. I'm with ya though, the one who has the fat wallet usually wins.
only on a few little sand hills in CA

Old 12-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Notice I never said I was the fastest. At 6'5 and well past 200 god didn't make me for speed demon. However, 8-9 years ago my brother in law had one of the fastest shees on sand mtn. He spent 2 years proving it. Then he got a CR500 and the banshee hasn't had the money put in it. The result is that while it is fast, his shee is no longer feared on the mtn. Conclusion, this debate is the only place where the fatter one wins. Of course the one is the wallet.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
. Conclusion, this debate is the only place where the fatter one wins. Of course the one is the wallet.

a fool and his money seperate quickly.. there are many thick wallets that have better things to do than go straight up and straight down a hill.. LOL

Old 12-04-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Amen my brother, AMEN!!! I do love watching the drag shees run though so I ain't a total hater but they are atv's (ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES). Take off those 3 inch fronts and come see the other sand!

Old 12-04-2003, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

My son and I were at the Hill this past week and we saw probably four or five fast Raptors, a couple of YFZ's (not mine) and one or two very quick 400ex's. There was a Black Raptor with all chrome that was running 39 FCR's, 685 camshaft, LRD porting and a LRD 720 kit. It had a 6"+ swing-arm. We saw that get beat by what we thought was an Orange with flames Raptor, but it turned out to be a 400ex. It looked like the 400ex beat that bike by quite a wide margin. There was a Raptor with silver paint, no headlights, no front brakes and blue flames in that same group as the orange 400ex that appeared to be the fastest Raptor we saw. Granted we were not there more than a few hours each day. That bike would be really fast if they put a light weight rider on it, the guy riding must have been 200+. Looked like that Raptor had a nitrous bottle bracket on the rear, but with no bottle attached.

There was a near stock looking late model 400ex (red) with a swing-arm that was surprisingly quick. Talked to him a bit and he was with those other bikes and all were from the desert in Arizona. Nice guy and he could ride. It appears the four strokes have made significant gains in the past couple of years. Albeit nothing ran like those guys from A&S on the Banshee side of the hill. Since when is a Triple a Banshee anyway? Oh well. We had a great time and look forward to meeting some of you at Dumont and Glamis this year.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you met the Beat Down Crew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

They do not really post on this forum much any more, but from what I hear they are fast.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LongTimeDuner
My son and I were at the Hill this past week and we saw probably four or five fast Raptors, a couple of YFZ's (not mine) and one or two very quick 400ex's. There was a Black Raptor with all chrome that was running 39 FCR's, 685 camshaft, LRD porting and a LRD 720 kit. It had a 6"+ swing-arm. We saw that get beat by what we thought was an Orange with flames Raptor, but it turned out to be a 400ex.
Crazy to hear what was done to that Black/Chrome bike. I beat that bike several times with my little 'ol stock bore bike.

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?