Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dumont Trip

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dumont Trip

The wheather was great and met quite a few people from the forum.
But the first day, Friday I was riding with Raptor03s brother-inlaw who was on a V-force and his son on a three wheeler. We were cruis'in along between the camping area and the dunes just putt'in 10 or 15 MPH the V-forse was leading and out from the camping area (to our right about 400' or more) comes a group of three guys on banshee's WIDE OPEN. I seen them coming and thought the one guy was on a collision corse for the V-force in front of me and I DON'T THINK THEY SEE EACHOTHER [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Well they didn't and then there was a big impact, quads and bodies were flying right in front of me. I jumped of my quad to see if everyone was alright. The guy I was with had a sore ankle and was shook up a bit. I went over to the other guy laying on the ground about 40' away to see if he was alright, he was holding his leg and trying to move it, his knee would bend but his boot didn't move. The guy had a broken leg with the bone sticking out and was air lifted to the hospital.
The v-force didn't fair as well as it's rider (lower left a-arm front mount was ripped from the frame, tie-rods were like pretzels, one tie-rod end pulled from the socket, bent rim and lots of bent or busted brackets and plastic.) That was the one that faired well. The banshee was bent up from front to back.
The rest of the weekend went much better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Trip

It was good meeting ya out there ..I did not know you were right there when they crashed, Where did the helicopter land? I saw a bunch of dudes crashing comming down comp hill due to whoops, I guess they didnt realise not to use front brakes .

Old 11-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dumont Trip

The chopper lands over by the ranger station.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dumont Trip

Pulled up in front of the house just before 2am Sunday morning.

We all had a great time.

Was great shooting the hill with a bunch of you everyone.

Bummer about the accident.

Old 12-01-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont Trip

DuneMe, Howd the DS run?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dumont Trip

The DS ran well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sparks guys got me and so did Mario and Raptor03 other than that (unless I am forgetting someone) I was able to get to the top of the hill first! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Had a lot of fun lining up next to the Shee's and pulling them all the way up the hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] One of the last races I had before we left, I pulled up next to a girl on a Shee with an extended swing-arm. . . took her off the line and kept her behind me all the way up the hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm sure she didn't take any of the Bombs that lightly the rest of the day!

Old 12-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Range Rover
Default Dumont Trip

Had an excellent time at Dumont. Did anyone see the wreck at Comp Sat night? YFZ vs. sandrail? Apparently the YFZ was coming down the hill after a run and the sandrail was driving across the hill just past the whoops. The YFZ slammed into the rail at the back tire. Took out entire left front suspension on YFZ with who knows how much damage to the chassis. Sandrail lost the right rear axle with all attaching hardware. Also was told that the rail driver was drunk off his @ss. Drunk or not it was a bonehead move. BTW neither driver nor rider were hurt seriously. oh and was told by a friend of the yfz rider that the bike was his girlfriends fathers and was new for this weekend. Probably ex-girlfriend by now. lol