Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Finally, I'm getting my shee!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, I'm getting my shee!

Hey everybody, well im finally gettin the shee, should be in my garage in a week or two. But, i am having to think about a couple things, and i was wondering if you would help me decide.

I talked to my dealer today, and he has 3 banshees. One is blue, 04, brand new reduced to $5800. the second is LE, black, 04, also brand new, at $6000. and the third is red and white, 04, repo'd and reduced to $5100. I would really prefer the brand new blue one, and i really dont want nor do i have an extra $200 for the LE. I really dont technically have enough for any of them, so im going to have to (or should i say i will have to ask my parents to) borrow some money to pay for it. They of course want to spend the least amount possible. In this transaction i will also be trading in my blaster. They say they will give me 2300 for it.

of course i will be paying them back when i get some more money, so to me it doesnt seem like that big of a deal, so basically its up to how bad i want a new one and how bad i want blue.

anyway, just some opinions would be great. thx.

Old 12-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Take the repo. Save some bucks for a set of pipes.

Old 12-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

FINNALY! LOL Uve been aching for a Banshee for so long now.

-Eric-

Old 12-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you have the extra cash + cash to spend on extra goodies get the solid black banshee. that LE would look awesome with chrome pipes and a couple extra's here and there for looks.

if you are low on cash, i would get the blue bike.

if you have to, get the repo, but anything that isn't brand new.....is a liability.

Old 12-13-2003, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah that solid black shee with some chrome looks so bad@$$.

-Eric-

Old 12-13-2003, 08:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R

if you have to, get the repo, but anything that isn't brand new.....is a liability.
I agree. The one thing I like about getting a brand new bike is no one else has ridden it. Even a bike a couple of months old can have a thrashing put on it. Can't ever tell how the break in was done.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A bike even one week old could have been dogged. Unless it's a friend that I'm buying from, I always avoid used quads. You never know what they have been through.

So like I said, if you got the extra cash....that black banshee with billet goodies would be awesome.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

have you seen that 04 black shee?
that shiz is FUGLY
LoL
I would got for the repo or the blue one
I really don't like that black monochromatic thing.............and the blue shows stress marks pretty bad
I would really rather have the repo..........
but if you go that route........make sure and ride it to make sure there isn't anythign wrong with it.........

Old 12-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like I said, it would take some billet goodies, but that black banshee could look awesome.

But your taking a risk on a used quad. Regardless of it's 1 day old, or 6 months.

Old 12-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how much of a liability you're taking if its less than a month old (unless of course the previous owner ran it without oil or something along those lines.) I mean even the new bikes on the lot have been ridden by every employee there I guarentee! I've been by motorcycle dealerships at night when they're putting the bikes back in the garage and I've seen them having drag races in the parking lot! Ya it pisses me off too but that's just the way it is. I also have freinds who have worked at dealerships and they told me the same thing. When the shop closes those bikes are ridden hard, even if just from the lot to the garage they still get punched for that distance. The shop would also allow my friends to take used bikes in their inventory on desert trips. All I'm saying is, getting a new bike is less of a risk compared to used because at least you know the dealer probably kept fresh oil and gas in the bike regardless of how long it sat on the lot, plus you get a warenty. also, a new bike may have been ridden hard but you know it was never taken to the dunes or anything like that. New bikes last a long time with proper care and so should a month old bike even if it received less than stellar care from its previous owner

Quick Reply: Finally, I'm getting my shee!