Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Raptor how much horsepower stock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Raptor how much horsepower stock?

Hey Big Boy!!

Bring it on to east Tennessee!!! We can cruise the Interstate or enjoy the off road boulder hollow. Let us know!!! We willl keep the rug out for you!!!

LoneWolf

Old 12-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Raptor how much horsepower stock?

While the ex guys are trying to defend thier pride, and the rappy guys are busy boasting(nothing wrong with either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) Here has been my experience with both machines. Yes the raptor is tippy in stock form, but not unridably so. Yes the Ex handles slightly better, it has a lower center of gravity and carries its weight better. Both machines handle well , and with just offset wheels, and an axle or spacers in the rear the raptor will handle every bit as well as an Ex. The difference comes into play when you twist that throttle, or push that thumb. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The Ex, STOCK (since as some of you Ex guys seem to have forgotten that this is what the original posts asked) is substantially under powered in comparison to the raptor. The raptor does carry its weight higher because of how the motor is positioned in the frame. But if your looking for a quad that has more grunt than your Ex, the Raptor is for you. Your Ex could also be made into a good runner as well if you were interested in making it a 416, but since you say you wish to keep things stock I think that the raptor is your best bet.

I have no desire to get into the "my quads better than your quad" games so don't even bother getting all flustered and wanting to race here, or there...... I'm just stating what I have experienced. Take it or leave it.