Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior vs 400 ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004 | 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior vs 400 ex

i think you all were so adamint to prove the original point that you missed s KEY factor the original dude was talking about ! the warrior dude ways 130lbs! the 400ex dude wieghed 220lbs!
I'm not defending or nothing, I'm just saying, consider that.

Old 05-20-2004 | 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

i have a warrior and i recently put a 15 tooth front sprocket on it with 22 shredders on the back. the bigger rear tires and the bigger front sproket helped the top speed tremendously, while not taking much away from the low end power. i have a cobra pipe on it too, and my top speed is aprox. 60-70 mph now. i too am thinking about the big bore kit, but dont wanna spend a grand on something just to get 10 mph out of the motor. whats the best kit to get? how about a hot cam? what do you warrior owners think about engine mods and whats the best?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2004 | 07:17 PM
Range Rover

ONCE AGAIN I WILL SAY MY PEACE.

AND THIS IS A FACT.

I RACED A 400EX WITH A 160PD RIDER ON IT ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO. I WEIGH 230PD PLUS MY WARRIOR IS OF COURSE HEAVIER THAN A 400EX ANYWAYS. MY WARRIOR WAS TOTALLY STOCK AT THAT TIME OTHER THAN A NITROUS KIT. HAD STOCK PIPE "STILL DOES" STOCK AIR FILTER, STOCK EVERYTHING. AND THE 400EX HAD A ALBA PIPE, FRONT SPROCKET, PRO FLOW AIR FILTER. AND WE RACED FROM A ROLL IN 1ST GEAR. I JUMPED ABOUT 2 LENTHS ON HIM FROM THE GET GO AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. BY 5TH GEAR I WAS ABOUT 4-5 LENTHS OUT ON HIM. NOW MY NITROUS KIT HAS A VERY SMALL MILD SHOT OF NITROUS. IF I WERE TO STEP IT UP FROM A 20N 18F TO A 26N 22F THAN IT WOULD BE A DRAGGING. NOT SAYING I GOT THE FASTEST THING ON THIS BOARD BUT ALL YOU 400EX LOVERS AND PRAISERS YOUR BIKE IS NOT UNBEATABLE WHEN A WARRIOR GETS BESIDE IT. IM SURE I'LL GET BASHERS THAT SAY WARRIORS ARE JUNK AND SLOW...RIGHT? I KNOW WHAT I KNOW AND I KNOW THAT A WARRIOR IS TOTALLY CAPABLE OF OUT-RUNNING A 400EX.

IN FACT PUT A WARRIOR ON NITROUS WITH A CAM-STROKED AND IT WOULD BE A HAND FULL.

Old 05-21-2004 | 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wheelsup
. IM SURE I'LL GET BASHERS THAT SAY WARRIORS ARE JUNK AND SLOW...RIGHT? I KNOW WHAT I KNOW AND I KNOW THAT A WARRIOR IS TOTALLY CAPABLE OF OUT-RUNNING A 400EX.

IN FACT PUT A WARRIOR ON NITROUS WITH A CAM-STROKED AND IT WOULD BE A HAND FULL.
they are junk i mean i kno there will be 100 ppl flippin out on me for sayin that but a warrior is pointless to buy when u can just get a 400ex for the same price. the 400ex and warrior shouldn't even be compared, sure u can put your nitrous cam-stroked warrior up to a 400ex in a drag race and more than likly win but wtf does that prove. the 400ex still handles way better and will still tear it up everywhere esle. they what a bout when u do the same to the 400ex? and why put way more money into the warrior? you could prolly end up gettin a new z400 or somthing more desirable after all that. i hope i never see a warrior and 400ex cojmpared again (even tho it for sure will be)

Old 05-22-2004 | 01:47 AM
Range Rover

BansheeKID everyone has their own opinion. I took a look at your profile. Seen your dad has a dodge truck.....lol. I wouldnt have a dodge truck up my a** sideways. Dont be stupid. If the Warrior was pure junk and it sucked that bad why the f**k did they make it so long???? Please tell me how Yamaha could make the Warrior so long if it was such a peice of junk. i never said 400exs are junk i think they run good and look good, but your SMARTA** said Warriors are junk and bashed them. I'm totally happy with mine and i love it. And thats what counts.

Your just a fool....Have a great day

Old 05-24-2004 | 09:14 AM
Range Rover

about once a week on the mx track I wax 2 400ex's on my warrior and z4oo's but on the track it takes more talent than speed. but in the parking lot he could beat me but only after 5th and by know more than 2 quad links but on the track rarely does another quad come around me but that's in a small town and I've been racing a long time

Old 05-24-2004 | 09:51 AM
Range Rover

stock warrior = 18.5 hp
stock 400ex = 26.6 hp

thats a lot of hp to make up when the ex is also lighter. a pipe and jet kit just wont do it you need more mods

(these hp quotes are from dyno port and are max hp readings on both quads)

Old 05-27-2004 | 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wheelsup
BansheeKID everyone has their own opinion. I took a look at your profile. Seen your dad has a dodge truck.....lol. I wouldnt have a dodge truck up my a** sideways. Dont be stupid. If the Warrior was pure junk and it sucked that bad why the f**k did they make it so long???? Please tell me how Yamaha could make the Warrior so long if it was such a peice of junk. i never said 400exs are junk i think they run good and look good, but your SMARTA** said Warriors are junk and bashed them. I'm totally happy with mine and i love it. And thats what counts.

Your just a fool....Have a great day
they been making them so long because they are fun reliable trail quads and yamaha was still selling them so they didn't see any reason to not sell them anymore. why u so f*ckin defensive over it. i don't really care when ppl dis my 4wheeler. people say banshees are old and obsolete all the time and they also say 400ex's a slowe honda's. i don't really care bout that cuz like u said everyone has there own opinion. i love my dads truck. what u drive? don't dis it unless u have something better. brand loyality is retarted i go with whatever works best. if ford made the exact same truck we have with just a ford sign on it. it wouldn't matter. i don't see why u are callin me a fool..... where on there did i actaully make a fool outta myself? i said warriors are junk yeah compared to the compitition but i just said the facts. i know u like your warrior i like my friends warriors also but when i hope onto mine its a different story. i think we should both just let this thread go and just go ride.

Old 05-27-2004 | 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

ive owned both and the 400ex is much faster

Old 05-27-2004 | 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey wheelsup....I agree with you when you say warriors aren't junk, but I mean come on man. You can't say it was completely stock except nitrous. That's just like saying I raced My Camaro SS against a Civic the Civic was totally tricked out and all I had was a v8. Imagine what would happen if the 400ex had nitrous. You would get blown away......very badly...and I don't think you would even admit it.