Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what do u do when you see the cops on your quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u do when you see the cops on your quad

In the past I have ran to the trails to get away. To get to alot of the trails around here ya have to ride public roads some. Mostly one lane back roads, (hollers if your a hillbilly) with not a lot of traffic. I run because of the horror stories I have saw and heard of. Impounded machines $1000 fines, jail time,ect so I'm just not gonna chance talking to them. Most of the cops won't even try to catch you, they know they are just wasting their time...too many trails to get away here in the hills.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

well if those horrors are true I'd run like crazy too. you might check into it. Nobody's TAKING my quad and getting away with it. They'd better kill me first, cuz i'll be back, and they wont like it . and I wont be green ,but i'll be on target. And they'll like that even less.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run from them......All cops around here are stupid and will take your quad/dirtbike....even if your riding not on the rode.....if they see you on trails they will try to wait for you somewhere.....but theres too many of them for them to all be at lol.

btw, shasta, you need to get some pics of the wolvy up.

Old 01-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

that to me is amazing.....maybe east coast/west coast, but they cant seize anything around here unless its abandoned or stolen.
I dont understand that kind of a police state mentality. do something about it if ya can, but what?

Old 01-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, they'll impound your quad around here too, my buddy got his 400ex impounded twice, one time it cost him $550 in fines and impound fees! The cops know him and they always give him a hard time because he has somewhat of a record.

Old 01-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will be all leagl soon so they couldnt impound my quad unless I was d!ckin around. Wich I dont on the roads that much.

Old 01-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

I usually just stop and talk to them since I am also an Officer and have worked with most of the other Coppers in the area at some point and time. The things you have to remember and soem have been pointed out already is: 1. Be polite adn do not mouth off, 2. Don't run if you run they will chase you, because as was said it makes you look guilty when you run. If they catch you, you can bet they will not be happy and you will probably be arrested, you quad impounded and they might issue tickets on top of that and in some areas you might get an *** beating to go along with all that just to show you not to run.

The other thing is quads are a hot item in my area to steal as they are all over the country. So alot of coppers will stop you just to check out the quad and make sure it's not stolen. Thye don't always run the vin numbers, sometimes just by talking to you they can tell if things are legit. I have had a stolen quad run from me before. I wasn't able to catch it unless I would have shot the rider, but that wasn't going to happen. So don't blame the police for hasseling you when you ride your quads they are just doing their jobs. The people you should blame are the ones that call in and complain to the police about you riding and the waste of lifes that steal quads. Remember alot of stolen quads are rolled out of your garage or yard and then started up a ways down the street and ridden off. So I hope this post helps you guys out, so you don't run and make your life worse. Take Care and Ride Safe.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I wanna hear more stories! :-)

Old 01-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

To het from my farm to my friends farm its about 10 miles on the road and i just go the speed limit like i am a car noone bothers me and im 16!! cops dont know that. but if a cop ever catches me umm id run my a** off. id just floor it and find a feild or somthing. the road that i go on has so many cars too.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

I say that i lost a dog and need to find him...so i got on my quad to look for him and i didnt know you cannot have them on street

Quick Reply: what do u do when you see the cops on your quad