Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what do u do when you see the cops on your quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do u do when you see the cops on your quad

People that call the cops if you keep riding by and annoying them...I can understand...really I can

People call the cops because you ride by once to get somewhere.....I have no idea wtf there problem is...most of the time its very old people (no offence or nothing either)with nothing better to do then sit back and complain about everything else everyone does.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one of my neighbors ever calls and gets me caught I swear ill call the cops every time their lawnmower gets to close to the steet and say he was on the road a minute ago.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I keep a good eye out for then since I know I'm illigal (93 dbs in oregon). I always see them before they can do anything so I just keep it quiet and go way around them. If they do see/hear me I just take off into some trails where it's hard to follow. I've gotten one ticket before a few years ago for $75 and never got caught since. The cops here mostly drive in trucks and suv's so if you tend to stay in the dunes and away from the flats you wont get caught. On the busy days they usually have a couple guys out on quads, if you pay good attention you can stay away pretty easily.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

take it easy unless they start after us or towards us, and then run like hell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ive gotten caught by the cops twice. One time at my property in manistee, where apparently, there is a "No atv" rule. The state cop said so. But I was almost out of gas, so he showed me the nearest gas station (I had oil in my back pack for premix) and he let me on my way. What a nice guy. The other time, I was just asking for it. My friend finally got his TM400 back together, and we were racing up and down the road. Next thing I know, a huge green dodge ram was heading my way with lights and sirens blaring, so I decided to pull it into the driveway. After about a halfhour ordeal with my license and talking, he let me go with a warning (phew!). He just said to keep it in the yard. So of course, the rest of the day consisted of making a supercross track (with jumps and berms) around my friends house. Lol, what a day. I got some pics of me getting pulled over by the cop, and a pic of the infamous "fire jump" on the motocross track, around my friends house. If u'd like, I could email them to you. Just email me at Ndizzle350@yahoo.com. And if I get any spam from posting my email addy, there will be HELL TO PAY!

-Nick

Old 01-03-2004, 07:15 PM
mtd
Range Rover

One wheel wheelie, with a name like that, I see you on a Quad, you get a ticket (LOL)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] No really around here in Eastern Canada, Every 2 house has an ATV and if your not acting like a morons (complete Jerk) driving on peoples property, pop wheelie in middle of the Rd, make unnessary noise at night, or not wear your helmet you shouldn't have a ticket if you stop. I said shouldn't. It's a discretionary right that the police officer as.

But, I've been into ATV all my life, use to get chase by the cop's, (every weeks) use to take off on them too until I broke myself some bone, then I smarten off and became a cop's myself. What I can tell you ride where you suppose too, and be smart because when your acting foolish every ATV driver look the same.

I've talk to lot's of rider around and warned them, Dont' take off on me cause I'll catch you someday and you'll pay for the other times... most of them listen and around her the ATV club are putting lots of effort to maintain a good relation with the cop and we might be able to drive on the RD soon. (Secondary RD only but that good.)

My 2 cent's...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

hey mtd - how does that even work catching someone who outruns you by going offround? do you guys say to hell with it or call the dnr....? just curious

Old 01-03-2004, 07:46 PM
mtd
Range Rover

Nop, We've got ATV's too and 4X4 and guess what, I know the trail as I am on it all the times. Most of the time I don't even turn around. We have unmark vehicle and drive throught town and pick up the little clown's *** who outruns me hours before.

I'll be honnest, there's cop outhere that get so pist off that nearly have hearth attack everytime they see an ATV. The guy's on their quad goes and turn around in their yards at anytimes of the night. Me they don't bother me. First they know I would probably shoot them(Jokes) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] and second I respect them and they respect me. I'm not crazzy sometimes we have to drive on the rd to get the trail or place you drive. I got pulled over a few time myself and as long as you can explain the reason why your there well...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

I would simply tell them to get the Hell off my quad and off my property... but i am friends with a few through the gym so i guess i couldn't say that

Old 01-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: selector
Originally posted by: BigScary
I thank god that I bought a 686!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too - puts one more thing between me and the heat! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You maka me laff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: what do u do when you see the cops on your quad