Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u do when you see the cops on your quad

crackhead thats gotta be one of the nicest r's ive ever seen....very very nice

Old 01-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Around here there trying to get them leagilized for the road but there not there yet. Usually cops r cool bout it but sometimes there dinks. One pulled me over at night in front of my house and i wasent wearing a helmet and he just said ride safe.

They ever bought a couple kodiak 400's and some eigers to try and catch us, lol not gunna happen.

Everyone around here does stupid things, one guy was drunk and took a mailbox out on his quad and another one ran into the side of a cop car trying to run away.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Old 01-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yellowexracer
Around here there trying to get them leagilized for the road but there not there yet. Usually cops r cool bout it but sometimes there dinks. One pulled me over at night in front of my house and i wasent wearing a helmet and he just said ride safe.

They ever bought a couple kodiak 400's and some eigers to try and catch us, lol not gunna happen.

Everyone around here does stupid things, one guy was drunk and took a mailbox out on his quad and another one ran into the side of a cop car trying to run away.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust
lol and boy guys were named jay

Old 01-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Around here there are way to many quads to have them remember one from another. There are lots of people and lots of quads and lots of back roads. To me if you not riding up and down the publc road by people's homes, bothering them it should be OK. Myself I do not see the harm in traveling the public roads like any other vehicle. I think the cops should have better things to do, like catching REAL criminals than harrassing people on atvs. A year or two back the Barney Fife's got them a wheeler or 2, Basically to get to the off road places to see who they could get for drinking a beer or ect. I think that time and money could be spent for catching REAL criminals instead of those evil 4 wheeler riders. My $.02

Old 01-04-2004, 11:44 AM
mtd
Range Rover

I agree with You shastadog but you know what the problem we have around is public complaint. The reason they're making those complaint is because of Clown like me (younger day's) driving like maniac and not carring for anybody else who drive their quad in responsible manner. Now I see both side of the coins and can see that sometimes has reason to complaint. I see on average day approx 10-20 ATVer's on public road but don't bother them if they're wearing their helmet and drives responsibly...

Have fun...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Range Rover

The cops stopped my freind on his raptor he was just alughing but they checked his ownership and all that he always brings that with him i don't what happens if i would stop and they ask me for it i guess i will have to just get out of their

Old 01-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneWheelWheelie
The cops stopped my freind on his raptor he was just alughing but they checked his ownership and all that he always brings that with him i don't what happens if i would stop and they ask me for it i guess i will have to just get out of their

They stopped another one of our friends. He was just crossing the road on his trailboss and his friend was on the ATV with him without a helmet. Cops in that place are really rare and it's unfortunate that he got caught. My friend didn't have insurance or plates or anything and the cop let him off with a warning.

Old 01-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

PTLM3 and MTD, great input from the "other side". Wouldn't it make more sense to organize a local club,and join a state ATV organization. Then a dialogue could be initiated between riders and police/DNR officials. Then you'd know where you could legally ride. I know some people are way too bored with life, and get off on the adrenalin of running, but as stated before, this wrecks things for other riders. Want to get back at that person who always complains....organize, and make it legal to ride, then the police won't have to waste their time, and everyone can laugh at the yahoo peeking out the window, nosing into everyone's business. Plan for the future of ATV riding/racing today, then it will be here for you and your's tomorrow. Don't laugh, it can be gone in a flash, and if you don't believe me, just keep doing what you're doing, and watch.

Old 01-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

over here in ohio, the cops are strict, i was on my 400ex riding on a neighborhood street, there was a cop following me, i floored it and flew into these woods, i parked it and waited for them to leave then went home..

Quick Reply: what do u do when you see the cops on your quad