Where to buy Yamalube?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Yamalube?

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: MAUSERP
Yamalube is genuine Yamaha brand oil and must be purchased from a Yamaha dealer.
Yep, sounds just like a dealer. What a load of BS....I suppose you tell customers if they change their own oil or adjust their valves this voids the factory warranty? Sounds like a nice little SCAM you have going on there. You will not keep customers like that.
You disagree that Yamahlube is factory or that its good oil? We pay about $2.25 per quart for 20W40 Yamahlube oil. We sell it for $3.69 per quart. when you figure shipping costs, receiving, making and printing price labels, adding it to inventory, selling it and printing a receipt over the counter .....you think that makes a 400% profit??
You obviously have two issues. One, you hate your dealer and think he is a crook. Thats your problem, and no one elses. Find a dealer you like.
Second, you believe thats its ok for you to bring home a paycheck every week but I should live in a cardboard box. Thats not how things work. I drive an old rusty truck, same as half the hard working guys here. I get paid, same as most people. But selling oil is not making a new truck payment for me, you just won't find one in my driveway. Our biggest profit margin is selling used vehicles. Thats the same in most businesses.
The cheap customers who run car oil in their ATVs and motorcycles to save a buck are the same guys crying when they pay $1000 to rebuild their crankshaft when it blows apart. They also cry the loudest when the dealer can't afford to stock cool accessories or hire more people to take care of your problems quickly.
Its a free country, do what you like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have always paid a bit more to have great service and helpful people, thats why we dont have a teenager turning wrenches in our shop.