Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

ATV sport has a pretty good article on the new Honda 450 quad. It says the Honda engineers rebuilt the motor, it doesn't resemble the 2 wheels motor very much at all. It's beefier to accomadate the weight of the quad etc. It also stated that the new quad puts out 42hp stock and 47 with their HRC kit. It also said that with the cam mod, pipe, filter, no lid, jets the YFZ is a little bit stronger than the Honda with the HRC kit. It's a good article and if not for the kick only option I'd consider the Honda 450.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

im not suprised that he beat doug on his yfz, but doug is a good rider. i dont see him beatin him with a lt250r ..FTZLT205r( whos riding the 250 again?). anyway im not suprised to see that little beat farr and gust on the yfz.

Old 01-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Honda guys get a little testy. lol

Who ever asked me to explain why Farr got the holeshot on the honda. Well do you really think it is stock motor? HELL no! The first thing Team honda did was throw away as far as possible the stock car that they are giving the regular customers and installed a nice throughly gone thru FCR, then they port/polish the head and ADD parts that YOU THE CONSUMER will never be able to buy, then a different grind on the cam, a hi-comp piston, a reprogrammed CDI box. They there is the rest of the quad to rework

The holeshot is hooking up and going. I see quads on the drag stips a few times a week. Just because you have 60 hp does not mean much if all you do is spin. A lot of build quads run close in 300 feet but after 300 feet the higher HP quads always take over.

So do you understand now? Or do i need to explain how Honda cut corners all in the name of higher profits? Sell the honda 450 for a few hundred dollars cheaper than the yamaha450 but leave over a 1000 dollar of the good parts off?

I would be surprised if Farr even has a factory gas tank on the new honday. Not many MX tracks need 3 plus gallons of fuel sloshing up high. I hope suzuki comes out with a 450 soon. There 400 is better than the honda 400 so i know they will put out a better 450 if they chose to go that route.

When we all load up and go to the dunes we can tell how many women are there in a hurry. We just count the honda 400ex's

Old 01-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

I look at Farr the same way I look at McGrath back in his day!!! Farr had is day's of dominance, maybe he is getting a little rusty around the edges!!! It happens to all the racers at some point!!! I see the YFZ winning alot more races!!! However I must make a comment on the bikes(CRF and YZF) that were mentioned.........when it comes to the quads, there is so much involved with the chassis that it directly affects its handling, on the bikes, you have no idea just how similar they are, so when it comes to the world of MX racing on the CRF's and the YZF's its really the rider and only the rider!!!! I've seen my share of CRF's frying their pistons and eating valves, as well I've seen my share of Yamaha's too!!! This is simply my opinion, but as far as the bikes are concerned, they require more maintanence than any bike or quad I have ever owned!!!! I change my oil after EVERY ride, they say after every 3 rides!!! Of course you have to clean and OIL the filter after EVERY ride!!! If you eat a valve ont he YFZ get ready to shell out the cash, the 3 exhaust valves on my YZ285F were $90.00 a peice!!!!!!! Its very costly to maintain all of my machines, but thats the price I am definately willing to pay to be able to do what I love the most!!!! Both machines will be excellent!!!! But I do see the other companies like Suzuki and Yamaha and maybe even Kawi since they have the KX250F MX bike I imagine they could build a KX450F, but I do see them beating out Honda!!!! Honda had its days, not saying they can't have them again, but as of right now, they are fading!!! I hope the best for all the companies, cuz if they do good, the people who REALLY WIN are US, the consumers!!!!

Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Since cashing the big check I hear Farr is more interested in counting his money than riding.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

right on learning2fly

Old 01-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

it's one race guys...one. give it a chance. the honda engine detonations are concerning though...i hope somebody can expand further?

Old 01-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Honda guys get a little testy. lol
14mins,
It's just that your ignorance gets a little annoying at times. Some of your posts are pretty decent. It does appear that you are somewhat incapable of posting without bashing in some form or other. Maybe you should take some time and reflect, are you angry at your parents, did you not get the pony when you were six, do you feel inadequate, etc. etc.... Riding the raptor, associating yourself with vendors and bashing is a short term fix.

Whatever your issue is, I hope you are able to resolve it someday.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 03:09 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Its insecurity, thats all. Look at his signature........If thats not insecurity, I don't know what is!
Just Playing with you 14, but you do need to wait until it comes out to bash it, ya never know!

Old 01-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

14 and I "grew up" on this forum when Honda was "on top". All we EVER heard was bashing from ALL the Honda riders. ALL THE TIME! Pay back's a biotch, ain't it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...