Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

Stebob- LoL, hope you and the family had a great holiday.

Hell if i were Farr i would be counting the money also. Quads are dangerous.

Learning to fly- you don't have a clue. I ALWAYS have a good time. No issues here, but then again the only honda in the stable is a 250ex for the kiddo. (modified of course, stock 250ex had 11 HP now it has 16HP)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Big red= Big letdown.

All the best engineers and design people in the world and the bean counters make the desisions at honda. LMAO

Old 01-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Range Rover

The fact of the matter is, every camp (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, etc.) will always be at odds over something or another. Be that as it may, everyone will have there own personal favorite to boost or bash about verbally or in secret. The only way to solve this problem is to buy one of each from every manufacturer off the showroom floor bone stock and ride em into the dirt, until they die, then compare each ones good and bad qualities. Then start over with another model, over and over until you die. Aside from the fact it would be very expensive, but very fun, granted. it would in the end be pointless, cous everyone loves to add mods, and not everyone has all the $$$ it takes to bring out thr full potential of a quad or bike or car for that matter. so whats the point? No point at all, we just love our sport, and love talking bout it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ( ¢¢ )

peace
scaboy

Old 01-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I wish they would televise that series. That would be awesome!

Any bets on the next one???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learning2fly

14mins,
Maybe you should take some time and reflect, are you angry at your parents, did you not get the pony when you were six, do you feel inadequate, etc. etc.... Riding the raptor, associating yourself with vendors and bashing is a short term fix.

Whatever your issue is, I hope you are able to resolve it someday.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMAO

Old 01-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

What a bunch of old friggen women.

All the Yamaha folks have been saving up and waiting for the Honda to not win a race - they were hoping to unleash at the Baja, but instead had to come up with excuses why the 450R won and the YFZ didn't. It would have been the same way this time had the R won.

The truth is this is racing folks & all you bench racers might not realize it, but you can't win them all. The 450R will have it's share of wins, and the YFZ will have it's share of wins. Heck, the LTZ & Gust will have their share as well. Had Farr been on a YFZ and Little been on a 450R, it's likely the outcome would have been no different.

14mins - you talk down to the Honda guys like you are getting them all fired up, but yet, I see the same BS coming from you in a constant stream. Maybe you need to get out and ride your quad more. Maybe even make some turns instead of going in a straight line all the time & you'd be a little less confrontational and smug.

By the bulk of posts here, I think many of you should have spent more time riding with helmets.....

Old 01-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins

Learning to fly- you don't have a clue. I ALWAYS have a good time. No issues here, but then again the only honda in the stable is a 250ex for the kiddo. (modified of course, stock 250ex had 11 HP now it has 16HP)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Big red= Big letdown.

All the best engineers and design people in the world and the bean counters make the desisions at honda. LMAO
14 mins,
I guess you are partially right, Honda does have to consider the profit margin on each quad sold. Even though the Hondas thus far have been fairly reliable- no one knows what the future will hold. Between the profit margin and the extended warranties they can afford to take care of their customers. Amahayay, (in pig latin so that you won't figure out who I'm talking about) on the other hand, says hmmm, maybe I need less profit because I can sell the bike at a higher price, sell the warranty and rarely have to honor the contract. Oh and did I forget, the customer buys more parts in hopes they will last. Amahayay is smart, they know they can double-fist the majority of their customers without so much as a reach around and the customers keep on coming back. Oh yeah, because they are fast......especially without the tranny.

I'm starting to understand your logic and realize that I have no clue. Sorry that it is taking so long to dumb myself down. Maybe if I fell of a hundred story building and landed on my head we could communicate on the same level. I'll keep working on that.

In the meantime I plan to write to all the ATV magazines to further understand why someone with your knowledge and riding skill is not on the cover of every magazine year round. Funny thing though, I never see 14mins - winner of any race with his
01 660cc CRAYCRAFT/MBRP or 03 753cc under construction / factory backed quad on any of the podiums. Why is this? I have no clue.

Please continue your dim witted comments, this is like having a spelling bee with Mike Tyson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

learning to Fly- For you info i was in atv sport last year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You need not dumb down any further.

Old 01-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Since cashing the big check I hear Farr is more interested in counting his money than riding.
That sort of crap belongs on the toilet wall with the phone # you were writing down.

Geoff.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
learning to Fly- For you info i was in atv sport last year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You need not dumb down any further.
OK OK, ........ Truce........ To speak ill of anyone is to speak ill of yourself.... Enjoy your ride and be safe (within reason of course, no need to spoil the fun)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thomez
I have seen both Farr's Honda and Natalie's YFZ - neither have impressed me in the power department like I had expected from all the rage...
I guess everyone ignored my first post so I'll do it again.

Quick Reply: Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...