Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Went to Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to Glamis

who had the raptor with the k&k atv sticker kit on it?also we were creepin back at the top on all the stock bore modifieds yfz 450's.we just got there to late and couldnt get the gearing set up right.also had 10 paddles 22-11-8 ultralites and i think they were hurtin us.i think we did good considering the bike had only idled before we made the 10hr trip down there.came in 3rd in the stock bore class mod class.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

i wanted to race you speed.i was the big dude on a red banshee with smooth buffs and ultralite haulers.i think i had a west coast choppers shirt on and was wearin a yellow helmet.your bike is pretty damn sick.the best lookin 400ex i have ever seen.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

howard stern you have 1 bad *** raptor.pretty damn impressive.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

Thanks 97redbanshee maybe we can hook up at Presidents day.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

you should go to pismo on presidents day.there will be alot of people out there.how many more big holiday weekends are there at glamis before summer?

Old 01-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Well it was a good time,great weather and the bike ran good,like you guys said i dident see any of you and speed who's bike were you on this time i know it aint that honda, I was at the hill everyday... Giving me a beatdown(you take that to serious,How old are you)...I seen every one and everyone seen me,maybe your the one hiding .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

took a good spill on the left side of the hill on friday..(the first day), the bike made it out fine and kept rolling, should be on video soon..lol
the whoops got me and i made it thru fine,chest protector worked great ..

i raced AZraptor and beat him 2 out of 3 and yes he did come up to me and say "my bike was faster than his and if the hill was longer i would have kept pulling.. Remember when you said that...His bike did run good and the whoops were killer but i like the more agressive whoops and i get thrue them real fast....

again sparks was there and had quick and fast bikes in each class,Kenz was there and had the only competing bike there and the RIS desings YFZ was quick..Glad to see someone give them a run ...

All the 2 craycraft were there and running the hill,and howard did you pilot your bike on those races?

Old 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

what time on saturday night were you guys out there on sat night?i was there from like 8pm-10pm and race the left side at least 20 times and won every race i was in.there were a couple raptors that were within 5 or so bikes and a 370r honda.the whoops are fun as hell.i may have to head out there for presidents day weekend.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Went to Glamis

I remember taking 2 out of 3 but whatever, I'm not going to argue about it. Sam, It's a race to the top of the hill, thats what matters; it's not about the fastest bike. Rider weight, bike weight, rider ability, suspension setup, gearing, etc... all come into play. You know that! I remember what I said to you on Sunday about your bike pulling hard towards the top, but I know I got to the top first. You must not get through the whoops fast enough because you were doing your best to reel me in after getting through them. BTW, my bike came home with a 1st place trophy this weekend, what did you bring home other than some bruises after that nasty spill you took. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Had a great time bikes ran great. Met some great people. Taftraptor is a class act!!! Raced AZRaptor and we traded some wins but he did win the majority. I was slow the first day, faster the second day, and back to slow the third day. Could not get the 39's figured out. I would launch in second and it would die, just ask raptorowner, I was able to win one or two but I was not consistent.

I was very impressed with my dad's sparks bike. Everyone said he would not recieve the same engine that won. He was beaten by only sparks bikes in the modified class. I will finish the video tonight. It is not lightened at all, just a +4 and some shock covers, no aluminum axle, fuel, or anything.

Here is a few vids that I have finished.

raptor03 vs. my dad's sparks 690

OPEN CLASS Kenz vs. Sparks

more to come

Old 01-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default Went to Glamis

Raptor660fam, I had a great time running you this weekend. I gotta say that your dad's bike was one of the most impressive bikes that I watched this whole weekend, six pack rack and all. Good video's, I like the Star War's effects at the end of the Kenz video.

Quick Reply: Went to Glamis