Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Went to Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to Glamis

I was so looking forward to FSW this year, but my damn collar bone had to break! Well, hopefully I'll be good enough for President's day. Sounds like a great time had by all though. Congrats to all the winners and builders...

Old 01-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Went to Glamis

Sam, I hope you are ok after that freak bronko style buck...You must not have been on your game this weekend, Ive rode with you enough to notice you were not mobbin through the whoops like usual.. Either you tried some potent cigarretes earlier that day, or you were tired or hungover. Glad everyone made it back safe though...

Old 01-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Congrats 250R4life.
Thank you very much. I didn't win every race. Infact sometimes I got beat good " Those whoops like to remind you the that they are there". I just got lucky when it counted.

Old 01-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Went to Glamis

i got to race rapfam a few times at olds on friday. (i was the silver raptor). i did fairly well but then i raced his dads sparks a china wall on saturday and i got it handed to me. but what else was i going to expect right. man that bike is quick, but you and your dad were very cool guys and it was good to meet you. i wish i could have stayed till sunday.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: AzRaptor
I remember taking 2 out of 3 but whatever, I'm not going to argue about it. Sam, It's a race to the top of the hill, thats what matters; it's not about the fastest bike. Rider weight, bike weight, rider ability, suspension setup, gearing, etc... all come into play. You know that! I remember what I said to you on Sunday about your bike pulling hard towards the top, but I know I got to the top first. You must not get through the whoops fast enough because you were doing your best to reel me in after getting through them. BTW, my bike came home with a 1st place trophy this weekend, what did you bring home other than some bruises after that nasty spill you took. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WOOOW!!! Dude, a guy takes a nastyt spill and ya throw it in his face???? Ya know that this just might be bad carma for you..

Come out to Dumont, Ill give you a 15ft rolling head start with your champion bike...Dont forget I weigh 225 and pilot my own bike, ware goggles.

Old 01-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: speeddmn
Hey RaptorAZ you want to correct that last statement. Sorry I had to throw that in.

Beat downs among teammates during practice runs don't count.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: RoostKing
When i click on the vids, I get "File not found?

RoostKing...

Me too.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

raptorboy660 - I got some vids of us too. I'll put them up today. It was good to meet you too.

BartlettRacing - It's not that horrible of a hill to test hp and speed on. If you are a decent driver with cojones, you won't have a problem. It shows that it is not just a hp race but driver skill as well, which helps us guys that don't have much money dumped in the bikes, all heart and soul[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I saw scooby a few times run banshee hill, but still had a hard time through the whoops. Definitely accelerated near the top. I saw AZsands hummer and bike but never could find him. King didn't finish his bike. "Were is jeffinrivercity?" don't know him. I have the CR686, not the 730. Me and raptor03 are the only craycraft bike that hill climb from what I know of. No hills in texas. I usually do better against my dad, but I never figured out my carbs, I still lose though.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

A vid of me vs raptorboy660

Raptor660Fam vs. Raptorboy660

Old 01-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
WOOOW!!! Dude, a guy takes a nastyt spill and ya throw it in his face???? Ya know that this just might be bad carma for you..

Come out to Dumont, Ill give you a 15ft rolling head start with your champion bike...Dont forget I weigh 225 and pilot my own bike, ware goggles.

I had my share of mishaps on olds this weekend too. I never came off the bike, but close. The whoops were just brutal this weekend. I gotta give props to Sam, after that spill he immediately got up, dusted himself off, and went to line up for another run.

I am hearing we may make it to Dumont for Prez weekend so you might get your chance to run my stock bore, stock carbed, pump gas bike.

Quick Reply: Went to Glamis