Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried to buy a new Rhino from ****** Powersports??!!

I just got off the phone with George the sales manager. He told me he got a call from Yamaha. He said he would not deliver the Rhino to me and offered no other solution. He made a comment about the watch on my arm and then said the dealership has nothing more to say to me. I said great, you are a bunch of liars anyway and I told him that everyone I ever meet interested in buy a quad will hear about how his dealership handled things.

The comment on the watch was in regards to a conversation I had with the sales guy yesterday. I told him I deal with people on million dollar transactions. I told him that if I gave someone my word and it ended up with me having to eat $50K on a deal, then I would still do what is right. He said just pay the extra 500 and but it. I told him it was not the money at this point, it was the principle. I made the comment that my watch is worth more than we are talking about, money is not the issue anymore. He told the sales manager I was bragging about my watch!!! I was trying to make a point and that is that we were no longer talking about money. I was not going to sign a PO and renegotiate. FREAKIN MORONS!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Range Rover

talk about a $HITTY place. i would tell that guy to *** off and go to hell. sorry it had to happen to you but i bet you they have many converstations like this with other people. you should post the name of the stealership and a beware sign.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wouldn't have continued to communicate with these people after they didn't stand by their advertised price. There is always someone else that will give a better deal. Who would you deal with if the machine broke down? I wouldn't trust them to deliver a machine without defects. What if they would have damaged something on it out of spite? Your better off not dealing with them. Just tell everyone who they are and what they did so they can avoid the dealership and forget about them.

Your probably lucky that you didn't buy it from them. Be happy!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is it Gainesville Powersports?

Old 01-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yamaha Powersports?

Old 01-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've got it! Longhorn Powersports.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gregsims...wow you are right at this point it is not about the money they are trying to screw you out of! It is the simple fact that they went agaist there word....and if they really wanted your business they would cut there losses (if any) and give you the quad for the agree upon price...maybe they dont know the power of the internet and how much one guys story can effect everyone to reconsider there dealings with them...I think it would be wise to let everyone know who this is! Just so anyone considering buying from them knows how there business is ran and what happens if you get on there bad side!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did I say Longhorn Powersports? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I am sorry to hear that you went thru all that! There is one thing that you do have to remember and this is probably what happened to you. This Chris guy probably found out that or should I say the dealership he was going to buy it from figured out that these things are selling like Crystal Meth at a Hell's Angel's Run! No One hear on the west coast has one in stock!! I called over a hundred dealerships in California, Nevda, Wyoming, Arizona, Oregon and Washington and nobody has any! And they all said that the ones they have coming in next month already have deposits, and that the next shipment was spoken for also. I talked to my friend who is in tight with Yamaha on motion picture product placement and they told him that they couldn't even get him one to put in a Feature Movie!!! They are very limited release and just like the Grizzly 660 when it first came out they WILL get full retail price for these things if not more! IT SUCKS!!!!! I finally found one yesterday that is 800 miles away that I just bought that I have to go pick up on Saturday and I had to pay full price plus that B.S. Freight and set up fee!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The thing is they really don't make that much money off these things. Dealer cost is $7800.00 on these things and normally they would probably sell you one for $8000.00. I guess all in all it is just how bad you want one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure you turn them in to the Better Business Bureau, it won't do much to them, but some people do check the B.B.B. before purchasing high dollar items. They'll receive notification that they've been turned in.

Quick Reply: I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!