Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 05:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried to buy a new Rhino from ****** Powersports??!!

if Brookhaven, Ms isn't too far, give them a call. I think he was selling the Rhino for well under 8k. No hidden fees either. Whatever he says is what you will pay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Just so the wrong dealers do not get the blame, I want to make it clear that the guesses so far are wrong. I am done with this dealer so I do not see the point of dragging it out.

I will say one thing and I am not saying this is the dealer... Sherman Powersports north of Dallas in Sherman, Texas has Rhinos advertised for $7999 in the ATV Trader. I am sure the sales guys there would be happy to sell you one, but they may have to go get it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

So give him till end of day friday to do the right thing. And if you and Yamaha have made no progress with the "gentleman", then let us all know which dealer this is so we can all be warned against a businessman who cannot be trusted to keep his word. And Gregsims, you can be assured that we (and YAMAHA) will know the type of organization he is running.
Like I said before, I've been in this industry, and I get as mad as anyone else when poor business is conducted, but don't run down every dealer as the same. The majority are owned by guys like you and me who are enthusiasts for the sport and have been fortunate (or smart enough) to combine their passion and their livlihood.
Thanks for the thread.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

greg,
ask Tony about one, he has a dealership in texarkana & hot springs, I've found him most helpful in the past. tell him someone from the ISRA told you to call.
1-800-yamaha-0 (zero) (Yamaha Sportscenter)

Old 01-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

I knew it had to be Sherman Powersports. Funny thing is in case you didnt know George and the Owner are father and son. I really dont know how they've stayed in business with the way they treat customers. Im glad you called Yamaha and got them on their backside for wanting you to foot their vacation bill, theiving pieces of poo! This is just one more screw job on a customer in a LONG line of others that has come from this dealership. Ive dealt with North Texas Yamaha in Lewisville and they are good folks, and then I deal mostly with Gainesville Powersports. I hope everyone reads this post and learns from Gregs experience not to ever deal with them.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have had similar experience with several dealerships including Gainesville Powersports and Sherman Powersports. My brother has a 2002 300EX that needed to have it's first service done. Instead of driving 300 miles to the dealership where we purchased it we took it to a local Honda dealer. They laughed at us and told us to take it back to who sold it. About three hours of speaking with Honda, a sales rep contacted us from Sherman Powersports with an appointment and told us that the bill would be sent to the dealer that told us to go elsewhere. Anyways, we take it to Sherman, after several days of being without the wheeler, we went to pick it up and it was dirty, scratched, and looked like someone had ridden the **** out of it. When asked, they said that it had to be Trail Tested to check the valves.

Another experience was with my 2002 Raptor bought from Gainesville Powersports. I bought it picked it up, talked with the salesman, and was told it was ready to ride. I broke it in and had no problems with anything. I took it in for its first service and everything was fine. Later that month I took it to Little Sahara. After about 2 minutes in the sand, it started squeaking horribly. I called Gainesville from 350 miles away and asked what the hell was going wrong with my wheeler. They said that they had no responsibility for anything I had done to it. With the unit still under warranty, I was told that it was my fault that they had forgotten to grease any of the chassis components in the original assembly. I ended up cleaning and re0greasing the a-arm bushings at a motel room in Waynoka. I actually thought I was going to have an anger related heart attack on that one. Never again will I waste my tine with the dealers in this immediate area.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok just one more guess and I'm giving up. Lets see.....hmm.......I'll guess Sherman Powersports.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Charlie's Honda in Jasper, IN and ask him how many quads he sells a month or even better a week. It would surprise you. A guy told me that when he bought his new Rincon there that he averages 15 to 20 a week. When a dealership that has a good name and there customers tell others then that multiplies into more sells.
They are a good dealer. Partly because they are the only HondO dealer around the area. We bought our 200 Type II from them. I take it you live in Dubois county?

Old 01-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I knew you were going to say sherman powersports as soon as i saw that you were near north texas. They are the biggest crooks around and dicks too. I went down there to look at a bike and I am standing there and the salesman says I'll be right back and jumps on a bike and takes off. What a dick I know it was close to closing time but when I have a $5000 dollar check from my bank in my back pocket you should be respectful instead of jumping on the bike I am looking at and reaming the **** out of it. My buddy bought a grizzly there and the plastic started chipping away they told him that it was not under warranty because he had taken it in the mud. This dude paid full price plus 2000 for extended 5 year warranty. What a bunch of crooks. I went down there another time to look at a bike and they said they would not approve me for a loan because I did not live in Texas and I lived to far away. I live 30 miles from their damn stealership.

I also just sent a message to the stealership and attached a copy of this forum. Sure I will be hearing from them soon.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would at least get back in contact with Yamaha and give them an update.

Quick Reply: I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!