Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well its just obvious that those quads were no where near close to stock and i guarantee if farr would have used the yfz he still would have won its the rider not the quad get over yourself what are you like 10?

you Yamaha riders just can't face it that Honda start out as the top manufacturers and they are still reigning as top
how are they top manufacturers especially before the trx450r with the outdated air cooled 400ex, and stock vs. stock with equal riders the yfz should win because it has more rwhp which means it's faster and has quicker acceleration than the 450r

Old 02-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

I'm gonna go on a limb and call BS on the site. Did anybody else notice the date of the article?

Formula USA Pro Quad Series
Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego, CA
Feb 30, 2004

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

The future is here.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

MX is ALL rider. The YFZ jumps the best and rules the sand. I can't wait to see some GNCC results.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:03 AM
The Facility

I posted a topic with the results from the first round of GNCC from this past weekend.

Pretty interesting.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:09 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Wow, I'm going to sell everything and get me a 450R. Then I will be able to beat all of the pros (Except Tim Farr).

See how Absurd that sounds. Pro Quads are NOT off of the showroom floor, therefore comparing the 2 is ridicules.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:15 AM
The Facility

By the way...........

Honda guys......I am not a brand loyalist!!!!!

I don't know how many PMs I have gotten in the past few days with guys reminding me about the TRX450R debut win in the Baja. [You guys know who you are!!]

Here's my official response........

If any of you guys were REALLY there or REALLY know someone who was there or read the press releases regarding this years Baja, you will find out that Honda gathered up over 300 personell to cater to every wimb of the TRX450R guys!!!!!!!!! The biggest support team in Baja history for any vehicle class!! The Baja race is not about how strong your engine is, how fast you are, or how physically conditioned you are as much as it is as having a support team to fix your problems quickly when they occur.

By the way.....You know who holds the record for the 2nd largest support team in the Baja??
Honda.......with it's Rinon 650 win last year!!

I'm not taking away from Honda on it's win. I think it's great that Honda went to that trouble to be sure it's product finished on top. That is what all forms of racing is about!!

But don't state facts without reading up HOW the result was achieved. One guy made it sound like 3 guys and a box van went there and cleaned house.........Come on!!!

Ride Red!!........or Blue.......or Yellow.......or Green..........Stay away from Black though, it's hard to keep clean!! I know.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

well its just obvious that those quads were no where near close to stock and i guarantee if farr would have used the yfz he still would have won its the rider not the quad get over yourself what are you like 10?
wrong i'm 16 and your just a yamaha loyalist, i like everything, but i like Hondas the best cause they are the best. geez you are just saying that Farr is the best rider, what about Creech and Ellis or Keith Little, aren't they great riders also. i know the rider has the most to do with it i'm not dumb, but your saying that those quads were no where near stock, but the YFZ has been out longer hasn't it, then it should have more parts right, hell the TRX has only been out for a month or two for those guys and i know there isn't as many parts for the Honda as there is for the YFZ. and then you say about the YFZ having more rwhp, i don't care what it has it still lost to the Honda didn't it, why wasn't any of those people on the YFZ's keeping up with Farr if it is so much better than the TRX, look everybody in that class is PRO RIDERS aren't they, well then they should be able to beat Farr is you put a good rider such as Ellis and put him on your so-called better quad the YFZ shouldn't that be a mix that should beat Farr if the YFZ is so much better. And read this, it's off of that site briansgi posted This time out Farr's Honda boasted the fastest qualifying position, - three seconds faster than Ellis' Yamaha. That just told you right there that the Honda made faster qualifying positions than your Yamaha. if you don't believe this go look at the site.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:02 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Again I ask, "What does any of this have to do with the quads that you and I can purchase and own?", Nothing. These are Factory backed teams, with the world at their disposal.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think there is anything that fancy about them. With a few bucks you could make your bike identical. I've seen Farr's bike and it was no wonder-machine in the power department. It got the job done but he is what makes it fast. I think the same goes for the YFZ riders.

Quick Reply: Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!